TS2; skip intro

Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
Dave
13 answers Last reply
More about skip intro

    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.

    There is a fix (not sure if its EP friendly though) or simply press
    'enter' during it.

    Dave wrote:
    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > Dave

    I was getting sick of the loud intro also and ended up renaming two
    *.movie files in one of the subdirectories where sims2 is installed.

    Dave wrote:
    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > Dave

    I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
    others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.

    Ali

    "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > Dave

    Go to this folder.... C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies
    and in there delete, move or rename the two movie files.
    intro_eng_audio.movie
    ealogo_audio.movie

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
    wrote:

    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    >intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    >Dave

    I just left click during the Maxis screen.

    Shella

    Dave wrote:

    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > Dave

    hit the space bar and you miss the movie.

    -georg

    ali wrote:

    > Dave wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    >> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    >> Dave
    >>

    > I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
    > others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
    >
    > Ali

    But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!

    -georg

    georg wrote:
    > ali wrote:
    >
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
    >>> the
    >>> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    >>> Dave
    >>>

    >> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
    >> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
    >>
    >> Ali
    >

    > But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!
    >
    > -georg

    LMAO! ;)

    Ali

    "Shella" <shella4711@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    >>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    >>Dave
    >>

    > I just left click during the Maxis screen.
    >
    > Shella

    That's what I do... Very EASY!!
    Sage

    "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > Dave

    While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
    solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
    music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :-)

    --
    deb
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    deb wrote:
    > "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
    >>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    >>Dave
    >>

    > While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
    > solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
    > music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :-)

    I wouldn't know about the music- I turn the speakers off for that bit. :)

    -georg

    "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
    > others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
    >
    > Ali

    Or you can just click your mouse button when the maxis logo appears :p

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

    > Dave wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
    the
    > > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
    > > Dave
    >
    > hit the space bar and you miss the movie.
    >
    > -georg

    <smacks head> D'OH!

Sims Games Video Games