TS2; skip intro

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 16, 2005 6:43:20 PM

Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
Dave

More about : ts2 skip intro

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:43:21 PM

> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.

There is a fix (not sure if its EP friendly though) or simply press
'enter' during it.
March 16, 2005 6:43:21 PM

Dave wrote:
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

I was getting sick of the loud intro also and ended up renaming two
*.movie files in one of the subdirectories where sims2 is installed.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 16, 2005 6:43:21 PM

Dave wrote:
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.

Ali
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:43:21 PM

"Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

Go to this folder.... C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies
and in there delete, move or rename the two movie files.
intro_eng_audio.movie
ealogo_audio.movie
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:43:21 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
wrote:

> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>Dave

I just left click during the Maxis screen.

Shella
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:59:54 PM

Dave wrote:

> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

hit the space bar and you miss the movie.

-georg
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 8:10:13 PM

ali wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>> Dave
>>

> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>
> Ali

But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!

-georg
March 16, 2005 8:10:14 PM

georg wrote:
> ali wrote:
>
>> Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
>>> the
>>> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>> Dave
>>>

>> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
>> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>>
>> Ali
>

> But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!
>
> -georg

LMAO! ;)

Ali
March 17, 2005 12:38:26 AM

"Shella" <shella4711@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p ntg31dvsrh4tmok92sv3mqb8ufo7dd75t@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>Dave
>>

> I just left click during the Maxis screen.
>
> Shella

That's what I do... Very EASY!!
Sage
March 17, 2005 9:36:16 AM

"Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :-)

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deb wrote:
> "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>Dave
>>

> While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
> solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
> music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :-)

I wouldn't know about the music- I turn the speakers off for that bit. :)

-georg
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:40:44 PM

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>
> Ali

Or you can just click your mouse button when the maxis logo appears :p

Deborah
--
Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk
March 20, 2005 12:51:28 AM

> Dave wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
the
> > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> > Dave
>
> hit the space bar and you miss the movie.
>
> -georg

<smacks head> D'OH!
!