> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.

There is a fix (not sure if its EP friendly though) or simply press
'enter' during it.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dave wrote:
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

I was getting sick of the loud intro also and ended up renaming two
*.movie files in one of the subdirectories where sims2 is installed.

ali

Dave wrote:
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.

Ali

"Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

Go to this folder.... C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies
and in there delete, move or rename the two movie files.
intro_eng_audio.movie
ealogo_audio.movie

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
wrote:

> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>Dave

I just left click during the Maxis screen.

Shella

Dave wrote:

> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

hit the space bar and you miss the movie.

-georg

ali wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>> Dave
>>

> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>
> Ali

But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!

-georg

ali

georg wrote:
> ali wrote:
>
>> Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
>>> the
>>> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>> Dave
>>>

>> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
>> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>>
>> Ali
>

> But I don't *have* an "any" key on my keyboard!
>
> -georg

LMAO! ;)

Ali

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Shella" <shella4711@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:43:20 GMT, "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>Dave
>>

> I just left click during the Maxis screen.
>
> Shella

That's what I do... Very EASY!!
Sage

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

"Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
> intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> Dave

While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :)

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

deb wrote:
> "Dave" <Delta@NOSPAMrochester.com> wrote in message
>
>> Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping the
>>intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
>>Dave
>>

> While the "challenge everything" bit is running, I hit alt-tab and play
> solitaire until the game loads. Skips all of the start-up stuff except the
> music -- which is beginning to get on my nerves!! :)

I wouldn't know about the music- I turn the speakers off for that bit. :)

-georg

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I just hit the Esc key after the Maxis screen disappears. Judging by
> others responses to this thread, you can probably hit any key.
>
> Ali

Or you can just click your mouse button when the maxis logo appears :p

Deborah
--
Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

> Dave wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to skip the intro? What worked for skipping
the
> > intro in TS1 doesn't work for TS2.
> > Dave
>
> hit the space bar and you miss the movie.
>
> -georg

<smacks head> D'OH!