PC speakers

Borreke

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Hello,

I hope you could help me out with a sound problem that I haven with my pc speakers, it's driving me nuts!

Before I describe the sound issues that I have, I'll list the relevant specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro (onboard soundcard)
Speakers: Creative Inspire T6100

Some weeks ago I noticed a buzzing sound coming from my speakers, it wasn't a constant soundbuzz, but only occuring now and then. I checked my drivers to see if I was outdated, but it was perfectly up-to-date. Also I openend up my speakers to check if there was something wrong with the internal cables, which appeared to be fine.

I tuned the sound levels so I couldn't hear the buzzing sound, but after a few days I started to hear the noise again, but now louder. This week the sound started the change again, what I hear now is hard to describe. It's like a tickling little bass that builds up in tempo, and then falls back to silence. This sound duration is for about 3 secs, then it stops. And a few moments later it happens again. Also sometimes I noticed the sound when I click on a certain item or link.

I hope someone can help me out with this problem :)

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
make sure the wires to and between the speaker are as far away from everything as reasonably passable. Once had a usb cable get wrapped around the lines to the amp and it made my speakers sound horrible

dzeric

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
The intermittent buzzing is usually caused by cell phones (GSM frequency band). If you have a blackberry/iphone or any other GSM phone nearby (within 20 feet or so) move it further away and see if the noise goes away.
Good luck!

Borreke

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Borreke

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

Yeah I connected them to my laptop, and still hearing the sound. Therefore it must be the speakers itself, or something with the cables mixes up.

Borreke

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

I'm not near a transformer or other power source as far as I know, what do you mean with a shielding problem?

Borreke

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

This might be my adapter?

Hm I'm not quite sure what you mean. But the power for my speakers come from an outside adapter that's plugged into the subwoofer (the other cables as well).