TV tuner hardware not detected

G

Hi,

I have a Medion PC. I recently re-installed the operating system and since then I have not been able to watch TV using Windows Media Center. It was working fine before the re-installation, but now when I try to set up the TV it gives me the "No Tuner Hardware detected message".

I've downloaded drivers, but this doesn't seem to work. I went to Device manager and the only driver I have listed under "Sound, Video and game controllers" is Realtek High Definition Audio.

What the hell is going on?!? It's not like I've physically pulled anything out of the PC.

I tried downloading a driver from http://www1.medion.de/site/service_~u~_support/treiber_~u~_updates/download.pl?id=5562&type=treiber&filename=tvwim2140_2170wxpvst.exe&lang=de but there's no .exe file.

I'm at the end of my tether, and I'm missing the Champions League game.

Any simple "walk-me-through-it answers will be very gratefully received.

Newtprober

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
To install the driver go to My Computer> properties> hardware> device manager and you should see unknown device listed. Right click and click install/update driver decline doing a web search and click on install from a specific location the check the box to search a specific location and point it to the folder that you have your drivers in.

If you have more than one unknown device you may have to do each until you find the right device and the drivers instal.

I hope this helps

G

Cheers ancient_1,

This worked a treat.

I went to Device manager and noticed one driver that was sticking out of the list, with a small exclamation mark on it.
I right-clicked on it, clicked on "Update Driver Software", clicked on "Browse my computer", found the file into which I'd downloaded the drivers, found the TV Tuner file, and Voila! I now have my Media Centre TV working again.

Many, many thanks, as I've been searching for a solution for a couple of weeks now.

newtprober

acalosi

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

Hello Ancient.

My computer has the same problems like newtprober. But when i go to the insalation wizard, it tells me that there isn't enough information for the wizard to update the driver.
Do you know anything about, where i am able to find software, so i can update my soft- hardware?

- Acalosi

acalosi

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

Hello Ancient.

My computer has the same problems like newtprober. But when i go to the insalation wizard, it tells me that there isn't enough information for the wizard to update the driver.
Do you know anything about, where i am able to find software, so i can update my soft- hardware?

- Acalosi

acalosi

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

Hello Ancient.

- Acalosi