Sign in with
Your question

How to upgrade video card for free the sims 3

Last response: in Windows XP
August 23, 2011 11:35:37 AM

Hello,
i have just brought the sims 3 for my computer and it says device 0 cannot play this game i need shader model 2 at least. my computer is intel celeron D 336 (2.80 ghz)
a b U Graphics card
August 23, 2011 11:58:13 AM

We need more information. My first guess is this is a laptop with integrated graphics, which isn't enough to handle the game. Unless your model laptop allows for video upgrade you may be stuck not being able to play that game. At this point, it doesn't sound like you are going to have much luck.

Please list the make and model of your computer/laptop.
October 10, 2011 1:08:27 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
We need more information. My first guess is this is a laptop with integrated graphics, which isn't enough to handle the game. Unless your model laptop allows for video upgrade you may be stuck not being able to play that game. At this point, it doesn't sound like you are going to have much luck.

Please list the make and model of your computer/laptop.

I am having the same problem the computer i have is a dell deminsion 4600 is it something that can be upgraded on this computer and if so where is the best place to get the downloand
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2011 2:19:49 PM

kmr6482 said:
I am having the same problem the computer i have is a dell deminsion 4600 is it something that can be upgraded on this computer and if so where is the best place to get the downloand

You need to check Dell's support site. Also, it's hardware, not software - nothing to download, and it's definately not free.
October 10, 2011 2:42:30 PM

Oh great... pixel shaders...(sorry, I remembered something I learned in the old days :lol:  )

so, Shader model 2.0...
That literary means your video card doesn't have a pixel shader 2.0 model!

Pixel shaders come integrated with your video card!
What video card you have? You probablly don't have pixel shader, or you have a lower version like 1.1 or 1.4, but NOT 2.0.
2.0 is used for hi,modern 3d games...

Oh, and you CAN'T download it. It's not something you can download , no matter what stupid sites write...

The best option is that you buy a new video card that has shader model 2.0 (pixel shader 2.0)!

Another option that I found helpful in my good old days(for some games), was a little program called 3D Analyze
Download this program and run the *. exe file.

With this program you can "trick" the game to force a lower pixel shader version by emulating, software rendering (well, not quite that but...not important now!:)  ) or make it think you have a pixel shader...just by checking a few settings and running your game through the program 3d Analyze!
Maybe it will work for your game, but you cannot be sure until you try it yourself!

3d analyze link:
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Just because I had trouble with this too in the good old days, let me know if it worked for you too! :hello: 

!