will Dish ever change menu for 522 DVR?

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 17, 2004 11:53:00 PM

I am thinking of switching to Dish from Adelphia Cable (my Bill has
gone from $108 for a cable modem, digital cable on two tv's, and every
channel they offer to $140 for the exact same services in one year!)
Anyway, I like the 522 DVR, but the DVR menu is awful. Is there any
talk of them going to a better interface? Can you search for titles
or keywords?

Also, does anyone know why the cable companies raise their prices so
much?
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 7:35:30 PM

ultraviolet353 wrote:
(snip)
> Also, does anyone know why the cable companies raise their prices so
> much?

Because, just like the satellite companies do, they can!
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 5:07:48 AM

It's not on the books anytime soon.

"ultraviolet353" <j_gladstone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am thinking of switching to Dish from Adelphia Cable (my Bill has
> gone from $108 for a cable modem, digital cable on two tv's, and every
> channel they offer to $140 for the exact same services in one year!)
> Anyway, I like the 522 DVR, but the DVR menu is awful. Is there any
> talk of them going to a better interface? Can you search for titles
> or keywords?
>
> Also, does anyone know why the cable companies raise their prices so
> much?
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 4:11:45 PM

"D.M." <notme@notnow.com> wrote in message news:<Uzcnd.4152$uL7.815@news02.roc.ny>...
> It's not on the books anytime soon.
>

> "ultraviolet353" <j_gladstone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am thinking of switching to Dish from Adelphia Cable (my Bill has
> > gone from $108 for a cable modem, digital cable on two tv's, and every
> > channel they offer to $140 for the exact same services in one year!)
> > Anyway, I like the 522 DVR, but the DVR menu is awful. Is there any
> > talk of them going to a better interface? Can you search for titles
> > or keywords?
> >
> > Also, does anyone know why the cable companies raise their prices so
> > much?

Are you able to search by title or keyword in the DISH menu?
!