Would this new board and Graphics card work?

seffaulmino

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I currently have:
Pentium D 805 533Mhz 2.66Ghz
Kingston DDR II 667 Mhz 2x512MB
IDE 80GB Seagate HdD
IDE DVD-ROM lightscribe
600W Power supply - generic/low quality(maybe an efficiency of 40-60?=240W-360W?)
Case (Big enough for anymotherboard to fit)

I'm planning on buying these:
asrock-conroe-1333-d667
http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/asrock-conroe-1333-d667

palit-9400gt-1gb
http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/palit-9400gt-1gb

Questions:

1.)My processor is EM64T, Does this mean this would work with Windows XP 64-bit? I'd only be using 64-bit Windows if ever I buy a new 2x2GB Kingston ram RAM.

2.)I kinda encountered some southbridge that doesn't enable IDE HDD to be bootable. this board has ICH7, so If I don't have SATA HDD, would my IDE HDD boot? and would my IDE DVD-ROM be bootable?

3.) This motherboard supports SATAII, would SATAI work on it?

4.) This has an onboard graphics adapter, Can I use dual monitors? (one on the onboard VGA and the other on the palit-9400gt-1gb VGA)

5.)I read before that some motherboards are designed to be grounded and that it would break if a motherboard is grounded whilst it is not designed to, is this board supposed to be grounded??

6.) how do I know if my case grounds the motherboard?

7.) I in case the motherboard isn't supposed to be grounded, what can I do to prevent it from being grounded?

1) Does this mean this would work with Windows XP 64-bit? Yes

2) so If I don't have SATA HDD, would my IDE HDD boot? and would my IDE DVD-ROM be bootable? Yes, you should be able to boot from an IDE drive.

3.) This motherboard supports SATAII, would SATAI work on it? Yes, they are backwards compatible.

4) You can only use onboard or PCIe. You should use both ports on the video card for dual monitors.

5) Use standoffs included with the case.

6) It will ground if you use the old standoffs in the computer.

7) same as above.

seffaulmino

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008

Thanks a lot Sir evongugg!!

but I can't buy those parts till next month, don't have enough money... I'm only a 17-year old student, wuth daily 40PHP($0.80) allowance ^_^ hehehe, this really help me!! @+@

the P45 would be great... I sure need some cash $_$!! hehehe