No display when Apple Cinema 20" display is connected to GeForce 4 MX 440 card u

designnut

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I have a GeForce 4 MX 440 graphics card with VGA port. I bought an Apple Cinema 20" Display (DVI cable) that I wanted to connect to it using a monitor adapter (connects a DVI cable to VGA port). When connected, there is no display.

I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this. Any help from the community would be appreciated. Thx!

projectmercy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The cinema displays by default don't turn on unless it see's a signal from the USB or FireWire port, or you click the "on" button on the right side of the monitor. The button is flush with the side and sometimes hard to find/see.

designnut

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The cinema is on (LED light lit up on bottom right corner). USB cable is plugged in as well as the monitor cable. I wouldn't rule out that the monitor adapter isn't working - I bought it from a computer store - used - the service dept had one and he sold me that since they didn't sell this adapter new. So, it could be that...but I was thinking maybe it's a graphics card driver issue or resolution issue or ???