Closed Solved

Liquid cooling?

So i wanted to know if anyone can help me solve this...
I have a Phenom x4 965
I don't exactly know what type of liquid cooling system i have but i opened it and all it said on it was ' Asetek LCLC
I looked that up and it says low cost low cooling.
I was wondering why my idle temp is around 43c and under load (when playing games) it's near 58c which is near the max temp for the 965.
Was wondering if i should get a new cooler to overclock?
Is it a crappy cooling system or is it just hooked up wrong?
32 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about liquid cooling
  1. your temps are high,try to reapply good thermal paste first,if that won't help.. upgrade
    "Is it a crappy cooling system or is it just hooked up wrong?""..yes it is
  2. Asetek are the people who make the H50.
    I'm not an AMD guy, so can't comment on your temps, but maybe you could provide more info.
    What are your ambient temps ?
    How is the cooler setup, intake or exhaust ?
    What other system fans do you have ?

Let the fun begin.
  3. Yep, ortoklaz summed it up for you...crappy cooler, and likely mounted with some crappy TIM.

The H50 is a dismal cooler, people think its great, but that's simply because they don't know any better.
  4. People who do know better give it respect for what it is

" Performance wise the H50 held its own and held stability "
    " Where the Corsair H50 comes in is those looking for something different to the norm of air coolers, but not ready or wanting to move on to DIY water. "

http://skinneelabs.com/corsair-h50.html
  5. I've read it, and for what it's worth, I think Skinnee did the H50 a favor with that review. Honestly, its fine if you run it in push/pull and have great case air flow, but most people slap it on thinking it will be a world-changer, and it won't be.
  6. rubix_1011 said:
    I've read it, and for what it's worth, I think Skinnee did the H50 a favor with that review.
    Having used a few of them I can't agree with that
    Quote:
    Honestly, its fine if you run it in push/pull and have great case air flow, but most people slap it on thinking it will be a world-changer, and it won't be.

Some people are a bit ignorant, what surprises me is that with your experience and having stated what you just did , instead of offering help you choose to denigrate the thing at every turn.
  7. @ delluser1 ..I have been hanging around on this forum for very short time,have seen the good and bad,some guys are helping others and some use the forum to amuse them selfs ,but as far as helping ..rubix is definitely helping
  8. Ambient temps,you mean what the temp of the room is? 75 F
    I don't know how it is set up, but it looks like theirs a thing on top of the prossecor with 2 hoses leading to a fan in the back of the pc.As for fan theirs 1 fan with an led in the front i think thats an intake fan and thats it besides the gpu fan and another fan from the psu pointing down twards the motherboard.Don't know what that fan is all about for the liquid cooling but it's hardly running.
  9. ortoklaz said:
    @ delluser1 ..I have been hanging around on this forum for very short time,have seen the good and bad,some guys are helping others and some use the forum to amuse them selfs ,but as far as helping ..rubix is definitely helping

I have nothing but respect for rubix, he does help in most cases, until the H50 is mentioned.

And what's wrong with getting a little amusement out of it ? I certainly do.
  10. purple stank said:
    Ambient temps,you mean what the temp of the room is? 75 F
    I don't know how it is set up, but it looks like theirs a thing on top of the prossecor with 2 hoses leading to a fan in the back of the pc.As for fan theirs 1 fan with an led in the front i think thats an intake fan and thats it besides the gpu fan and another fan from the psu pointing down twards the motherboard.Don't know what that fan is all about for the liquid cooling but it's hardly running.

Yes room temp.
    So you have a single front intake fan, the psu acting as exhaust and then the fan on the radiator ?
    Is the radiator fan acting as exhaust or intake ? Is it connected to the psu or motherboard ?
    Is the pump connected to the psu or motherboard ? If motherboard, do you have motherboard software to check the fan rpm's ?
  11. I think the PSU fan is blowing out but it's on the bottom on the inside of the case,so it's blowing the air from inside the case thru the PSU and out the back of the PSU.I'm not sure what the radiator is but the liquid cooling system is all plugged into the motherboard.It seems liek the fan for the liquid cooling is an intake because theirs hardly any air coming out of it or it's just spinning really slow.The pump is also conntencted the the motherboard.I tryed going into the computer from the start-up screen and tryed messing aroud with the fan speeds(increasing them) but the alarms started to go off so i set it back to deafult,thought of turning them of but i thought that not to be a good idea.When i did check it one of them was at 800RPM and the other was at 1200RPM, not sure on those numbers.

Just looked it shows 2 Fans
    1) is running at 1100 and a max of 1146
    2) is running at 574 and max is 574
  12. Is the psu fan up or down ?
    You need to figure out which is which as far as the fan headers, but I'd guess that the pump was running at 1200 rpms and the fan at 800.
    Don't know what Aseteks spec are for each of thier units but the "H50" version pump should run at ~1400 rpms
    Now don't laugh, the fan that you will see on the radiator is in pull mode, is that how yours looks ?
    http://i52.tinypic.com/3465ill.jpg
  13. I can't tell, i think it's up, it's pushing the hot air up cause it's coming out the back, i think it's just using the air from inside the case and pushing it thru the PSU and out the back.The 2 fans that are listed i think is the liquid cooling one and the front intake one.Is that right for it to be maxed out even tho it's idle?It looks just like yours except the 2 hoses that connect to the radiator are on the bottom not the top and the fan is opposite of what your's looks like,the fan is on the outside of it and that filter looking thing is behind it.
  14. It's true; I really am not a fan of the H50...I've seen too many people on forums with leaks and pump failures. Yes, this it is possible with any watercooling to have a pump failure, but what I've seen over the past couple years has shown me these component cooling systems have some major weaknesses. The H70 improved on them, but hasn't been out very long to see if it will have the same results. I've personally witnessed 2 of my friends with failed Thermaltake Bigwater kits after I suggested against them, but they went into the purchase with the potential risks in mind and understanding of alternatives.

Everyone is entitled to using what they want in their systems; I feel that it's important to help provide some insight and possibly have a user be more informed before they make the decision. These coolers aren't the best solution nor the only solution, but I want people to make sure it is 'their' solution that they decided on after looking at everything available to them, for all situations and budgets.
  15. purple stank said:
    I can't tell, i think it's up, it's pushing the hot air up cause it's coming out the back, i think it's just using the air from inside the case and pushing it thru the PSU and out the back.The 2 fans that are listed i think is the liquid cooling one and the front intake one.Is that right for it to be maxed out even tho it's idle?It looks just like yours except the 2 hoses that connect to the radiator are on the bottom not the top and the fan is opposite of what your's looks like,the fan is on the outside of it and that filter looking thing is behind it.

A picture would help more if you could provide one.
  16. rubix_1011 said:
    It's true; I really am not a fan of the H50...I've seen too many people on forums with leaks and pump failures. Yes, this it is possible with any watercooling to have a pump failure, but what I've seen over the past couple years has shown me these component cooling systems have some major weaknesses. The H70 improved on them, but hasn't been out very long to see if it will have the same results. I've personally witnessed 2 of my friends with failed Thermaltake Bigwater kits after I suggested against them, but they went into the purchase with the potential risks in mind and understanding of alternatives.

Everyone is entitled to using what they want in their systems; I feel that it's important to help provide some insight and possibly have a user be more informed before they make the decision. These coolers aren't the best solution nor the only solution, but I want people to make sure it is 'their' solution that they decided on after looking at everything available to them, for all situations and budgets.

I can understand where you're coming from, and I don't go around reccomending the H50 ( I've used them, and they have worked well for me but there is more to making them perform well than just throwing it in the system ).
    If someone already has it, might as well try to help them make the best of it.

17. Thats the PSU fan at the top it takes the air from inside the case puts it through the PSU and then puts it out the back.
  18. Can't tell for sure about the rad fan, but I'll guess that it's being used as an intake, that is how they are reccomended to be set up.
    You need more than just the psu for exhaust, if the above is correct.
    A second fan on the rad would help a bit, you would have to mount 1 externally in order to keep from blocking up to much of the psu fan.
  19. So is it poor air circulatin or is the Liquid Cooler just not the best of quality?
    You mean mount it on the outside of the case right infront of the radiator fan?
    How big do you think that fan is 80mm or 120?
  20. @OP can you post some specs? (frequency/voltage as of now) You mention overclocking ...how far you want go?,when was the last time you apply'd thermal paste?,are this temps just spike recently ?
    HELP US HELP YOU
  21. It could be poor air circulation, or you go with " not the best of quality " and just get yourself an aircooler.
    Here's another idea,
    Google H50 mods, checkout how people have them mounted and what they've done to make them perform and do a little experimenting to see if you can make it work.
  22. Phenom x4 965 B.E. 3.4Ghz @ 1.4v=stock
    I bought this comp off of newegg for 600 it was an open box,was listed at 800 normally.Bought it 6 months ago and i haven't applied thermal paste.
    I did get it to O.C to 3.7 but then it crashed and when i look at the temps they near max everytime so i leave it alone.I can get it to 3.6 but i don't bother anymore because the temps worry me when i see it in the high 50's.I never knew how to read the temps until recently and what max temp is.

I'm going to go search on goodle right now.
  23. Came up with a sooution i think...just put a fan on the outside and inside of it.
  24. Best answer
    965 be is good for 4.0 GHZ and can hit 4.2~ 4.3GHz on 1.510V under Windows 7 x86 (never going to happen with the cooler you got) .Max temp. is 62C,the extra fan for your unit will improve temps.
    I suggest taking of the thing and applying good thermal paste first,here is the link with good pastes and how to apply;
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=3
  25. here are some good replacement fans for you;
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/scge120mmsic2.html
    good luck !
  26. purple stank said:
    Came up with a sooution i think...just put a fan on the outside and inside of it.

Now your getting it.
  27. delluser1 said:
    Now your getting it.

now that's funy LOL :lol:
  28. I saw that the fan use's the 12/v rail how many amps will it draw from it?
  29. don't worry you be fine ,it comes with 3-pin (4-pin adaptor included),you can connected to your mobo or fan controller
  30. Best answer selected by purple stank.
  31. Thanks everyone for the help.
  32. This topic has been closed by Saint19
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Water Cooling Overclocking