Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp installation problem

Last response: in Windows XP
August 24, 2011 6:44:28 AM

Hello,
i have a problem the problem is first time i have installed windows7 but now i want to install windows xp. Now it is not installing on my harddisk. Give me the solution please
a b $ Windows 7
August 24, 2011 7:58:00 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Things to clarify - are you looking to have both systems in what's known as a dual-boot or do you want to get rid of Windows 7?

If you do want to use XP instead of Windows 7, make sure you check that all the hardware has XP drivers available before you go any further.

What message are you seeing when XP fails to install?

m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
August 24, 2011 2:32:17 PM

Do not run the CD from within windows 7. Boot from the CD. Also, if this is supposed to be a dual boot system, XP needs installed first.
m
l
Related resources
August 26, 2011 7:41:33 AM

FIRST CHECK THE FIRST BOOT DEVICE IN THE BIOS SETTINGS...
IF ITS SET TO CD/DVD DRIVE THEN INSERT THE CD CONTAING WIN XP NOW RECREATE THE PARION IN WHICH WIN 7 IS INSTALLED IF U NOT HAVE ANY IMP DATA ON OTHER DRIVE ALSO THE DELETE ALL THE PARTITION & RECREATE ALL IN THE CAPACITY OF WHICH U WANT OR RUN D.M. NOW REBOOT UR SYSTEM & PLACE THE WIN XP CD IN DVD OR CD ROM IT WILL BOOT PROPERLY NOW U CAN INSTALL WIN XP.

THATS ALL .... DONT FORGET TO SAY THANKS TO ME IF ITS WORKS IF DONT CONTACT ME @ RAGHAV_GROUP70@yahoo.com
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 26, 2011 7:46:14 AM

Two quick points, Raghav - one is that capital letters are in the Internet version of shouting and the second is it isn't adviseable to advertise your e-mail address on a public forum because the spammers will get hold of it and sell it to other spammers.

On the subject of your advice here, an XP CD cannot resize a Partition - it can either delete it or overwrite it but both would destroy all the data on that Partition.

m
l
!