Xp boot disk question!!??

Hi!!

I just recently bought windows home xp full version, and I was wondering if
its possible to create, and where is the menu wizard for a boot disk?

I plan on reformatting my hard drive and this question came up!!??

A boot disk will be needed to access my cdrom drive when I'm taken to dos
mode since there will be no OS when I reformat!!

The only thing I can think of doing is using my win 98 upgrade boot disk to
give me access to my cdrom, unless home xp can create one for me!!

Thanks for any help!!

Mike C.
2 answers Last reply
More about boot disk question

    Answered on the basics board.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Mike Couch" <micacou@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hi!!
    >

    > I just recently bought windows home xp full version, and I was wondering
    > if
    > its possible to create, and where is the menu wizard for a boot disk?
    >
    > I plan on reformatting my hard drive and this question came up!!??
    >
    > A boot disk will be needed to access my cdrom drive when I'm taken to dos
    > mode since there will be no OS when I reformat!!
    >
    > The only thing I can think of doing is using my win 98 upgrade boot disk
    > give me access to my cdrom, unless home xp can create one for me!!
    >
    > Thanks for any help!!
    >
    > Mike C.

    I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that if you enter
    setup in your BIOS while starting, you should be given
    the option to boot from CDROM. Your full version will
    have all the bootup information it needs to proceed; your
    BIOS should enable your CDROM drive if chosen to boot on.

    Hope I'm right and it works?

    help!!

    Mike C.

    >.