Sims 2: Downloads question

Last response: in Video Games
March 17, 2005 3:47:44 AM

When you download stuff, like say lots, sometimes their creators have
used custom objects and whatnot, and these are included in the house.
But what if some of them are hacked? Can they cause problems with your
game?
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 3:47:45 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> When you download stuff, like say lots, sometimes their creators have
> used custom objects and whatnot, and these are included in the house.
> But what if some of them are hacked? Can they cause problems with your
> game?

Yes they can.

Any hack on one lot can affect all lots.

-georg
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 3:47:45 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:47:44 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>When you download stuff, like say lots, sometimes their creators have
>used custom objects and whatnot, and these are included in the house.
>But what if some of them are hacked? Can they cause problems with your
>game?

Yes, but there is a program somewhere (possibly at modthesims2.com)
that lets you install only the stuff you want. There's a checklist,
and you can uncheck anything or everything that came in the house.

BW
March 17, 2005 4:18:27 AM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:01:44 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:

>Yes, but there is a program somewhere (possibly at modthesims2.com)
>that lets you install only the stuff you want. There's a checklist,
>and you can uncheck anything or everything that came in the house.

Outstanding!
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 7:09:46 AM

Barb's right on. It's called the Sims2Pack Clean Installer. You can do a
search on MTS2 and you'll find it. It works terrific.

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When you download stuff, like say lots, sometimes their creators have
> used custom objects and whatnot, and these are included in the house.
> But what if some of them are hacked? Can they cause problems with your
> game?
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:40:24 AM

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D 6jh31t1019jreov2f1e1cpvrcjvf0t1ht@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:01:44 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>>Yes, but there is a program somewhere (possibly at modthesims2.com)
>>that lets you install only the stuff you want. There's a checklist,
>>and you can uncheck anything or everything that came in the house.
>
> Outstanding!

Where have you been Guardian? That program has been out for quite some
time now. LOL

Betty
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 8:53:27 PM

Clean Installer is a great program, however it *does NOT* catch all hacks.

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:D 6jh31t1019jreov2f1e1cpvrcjvf0t1ht@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:01:44 -0500, barbara@bookpro.com wrote:
>
>>Yes, but there is a program somewhere (possibly at modthesims2.com)
>>that lets you install only the stuff you want. There's a checklist,
>>and you can uncheck anything or everything that came in the house.
>
> Outstanding!
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:26:02 PM

"Maxine" <noone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Clean Installer is a great program, however it *does NOT* catch all
> hacks.

Now, I don't like the sound of that! That will worry me from now on. I
do have one of
dincer's objects that the program tells me that it can not open! It is
one of dincer's original meshes.
Hopefully, the program will tell me if there are other files it can't
open.

Betty
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:56:48 AM

Maxine wrote:

> Clean Installer is a great program, however it *does NOT* catch all hacks.

Like a virus-protection program, it can only catch what it is designed
to hunt.

-georg
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 11:13:04 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:40:24 -0600, "d-b_enson"
<d_bin@southnospam.com> wrote:

>Where have you been Guardian? That program has been out for quite some
>time now. LOL

But I didn't know it could do THAT! :-D
!