Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I know this is a computer forum, and yeah theres going to be people who are not going to like this..

But we all should pay tribute to this music genius !

Randomizer, I hope you allow this.

But there is not one of you that hasnt got one of his songs on your mp3 player and I just wanted to pay tribute.

I grew up loving his music, his life style and watching him change his appearance for over 30 years.

Im gutted as i had tickets for his 02 concert.

Hounded by the press and was proberly killed by that and what he did to himself.

RIP MJ, Goodnight.

jdw_swb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008

That is a rather bold assumption to make.

I for one have never had a Michael Jackson song on my mp3 player.

But I did feel a little sad to hear of his passing......hopefully his children will be taken care of.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
When i say MP3 player - a pc is a mp3 player.. If anyone has a music collection there must at least be one some where

his music was so diverse over the 40 years

Beat It is my personal fav but im a bit sceptic about the lyrics

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Who cares. Some washed up pop star who spent the last 20 years getting facelifts and finding ways to touch little boys kicks the bucket and everyone is SO distraught.

If your not related to the Jackson family and your bothered by this GET A LIFE!!!

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
MJ, may you NEVER RIP. Your karma is haunting you and will continue to do so. I just hope that you are born as a cockroach or something in the next life, so that you dont have li'l boys to "play" with and girls are disgusted by you.....

LOL - on this I hafta agree with you, B-unit. I remember visiting the 3D theater at Disneyworld (Orlando) in the early '90s, when they had a 3D flick of MJ dancing & singing. After the first child molestation story broke, Disney promptly pulled it and replaced it with something having shooting flames & buzzing bees & whatnot, with a voiceover by some other celebrity whose name I forget.

A shame MJ couldn't have waited a day or two for his Demerol overdose, so as to give Farrah's passing a bit more time on the headline news..

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I think MJ was a very talented artist in his time, I think his life spiraled out of control because of his weirdness, and other controversies, but i appreciate the artist and his music. I would never stoop so low as to belittle a man a didn't know, or undermine his accomplishments. He was somebodies child and somebodies father, so certain assholes need to remember that before posting really dumb ***!

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
But, I seriously think that he should have also considered the children as SOMEBODIES children too. Yes, hes somebodies father, but then nobody hate his children coz of that. They havent done anything wrong. But, why do we have to celebrate a person like him? Just because he could sing and dance during the day and **** children at night? I am sorry, I dont think so.... And its my opinion.

And, I dont think the people who support him are assholes. I just let them do what they want. Let me think what I want please. Especially when we all know that most of the people agree with what I say......

+1 B-Unit

Agreed, +1 for the big Bee-unit :)

Of course, MJ did skate on the 2nd molestation charge, and he settled sealed-documents on the first, so nothing was proved legally. However he did admit to "innocently" sleeping with little boys in his bed.

As a groan man with a 2.5-yr-old son, I can tell you that sleeping with my wife & kid who tends to (1)overpee his diaper (2) wake up at all the wee-wee hours of the AM crying & screaming, & (3) flail & kick legs & arms and break your nose or whack your stomach, & - most importantly - (4) ensures that a little sister will never get conceived :( - is no fun AT ALL!!

Therefore your honour I rest my case that there was something significantly awry with Mr. Michael Jackson!

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

Did they ?

I bet they did

wow a song about a rat

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
It was a good movie though,unlike terminator:salvation(i know that has nothing to do with this thread, but the movie sucked, and christian bale is a great actor)

Hmmn, now I read in the news that MJ's family want to make sure that his "message" doesn't die along with him. I just wonder what they think his "message" was?? He was an entertainer who had a *lot* of personal shortcomings but no message other than "feel good while you watch me sing & dance". We won't go into the other 'messages' his personal behavior seemed to say. So now I think his family will seize this opportunity to cash in on his death - I'm sure there will be lots of 'tributes' & other money-grubbing extravaganzas they will come up with. Sheesh...

IMHO Farrah Fawcett had an actual 'message' to give to the world - fight cancer as best you can, keep your spirits up and go honorably into the dark abyss when you succumb. Too bad that message is now lost in the noise from MJ's death, since his was much more sensational, unexpected and of course the news networks and everyone else wants to profit on that...

Just my 2 cents & now I will butt out so that those who want to honor or otherwise remember the guy can do so...

OK, Ill throw in 2c here.
I agree, to not fully acknowledge someones failures as well as accomplishments in someones death , to me, is wrong. Since none of us knew him personnaly, we dont know what struggles, or actual problems he had, but we do have a few ideas.
As for Farrah, I also agree. She was much more than just an image, as she personally videoed her struggle, to help others, to show the reality of cancer, its effects on the body, but she showed the spirit is what survives, no matter what, and that, well thats true hope that is

Well OK here I go butting in again :) - I think MJ was a decent entertainer, dunno about the "king of pop" status that apparently Elizabeth Taylor conferred upon him (didn't know she was the arbiter of all things pop, but maybe so). However I disagree with all the 'lionizing' & other image rehab going on, mostly by his family and anybody else who wants to profit by his demise. Such as Newsweek (selling ads on their site), Al Sharpton (political agenda), Madonna (probably gonna organize a concert or tour and keep most the $$), etc etc.

So who remembers 'celebrities' from a hundred years ago? If they don't make it into the history books and hence become forced learning, then they fade into obscurity, like Annie Oakley who was probably as relatively big as MJ was, a little over a century ago, famous for sharpshooting in the traveling Buffalo Bill Cody's wild west show that drew tens of thousands of paying customers mainly because they came out to see a woman so different from themselves, one dressed in western garb and who could shoot & ride. Talk about a 2-note act... If I hadn't seen a History channel episode on her life & times, which I found more interesting as a perspective on American life & culture of the times than I did about her, I wouldn't have known much more than her name & that she was the main character in the "Annie get your gun" stage production.

So my guess is that if MJ is even known in the 22nd century, it'll be because people of that time are more fascinated by why we of this time hold such personalities in high regard, and not so much because they wanna see somebody gyrate, moonwalk & sing in falsetto.

Realizing his "firsts". 1 of many "family" bands to come out of that era (Donny n Marie, Cowsills etc) First afro american to reach the status he did. Stepped across international boundries to such places as the USSR, before the wall fell etc etc. All great credations to a super career, but in the overall perspective of history? Meh.

Im more worried what showsll be preempted when Barbara dies, another overblown bandwagon will be seen once again from hollowood and its ilk heheh