Closed Solved

Auto adjust on monitor

i am having a problem with my monitor. auto adjust keeps popping up and it is driving me crazy. can someone please help and let me know what to do to get it off. i have envision H170L monitor . I am using Windows XP. i have tried the resolution settings and that didnt help.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about auto adjust monitor
  1. APlowden said:
    i am having a problem with my monitor. auto adjust keeps popping up and it is driving me crazy. can someone please help and let me know what to do to get it off. i have envision H170L monitor . I am using Windows XP. i have tried the resolution settings and that didnt help.

User manual may help: http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/ENVISION/H170L-_E
  2. ksiemb said:

thank you but this didnt help at all. they have no troubleshooting or anything to tell you how to get rid of the message.
  3. APlowden said:

none of the answers i received so far has not worked. anymore suggesting. if so please let me know.
  4. nothing so far has helped. any more ideas are welcome.
  5. Well, it has to pop up from somewhere! :D
    You more likely have a background service that's running (maybe from your video card?/A control panel or something...maybe even something checked in your video card panel like If bla,bla...automatically run...bla,bla) What video card do you have? maybe we can figure out the service name...
    Go to Start>Run >and type msconfig and then go to the services tab (or maybe even the startup tab) and see anything related to your video card... If you're sure it's related and not vital then uncheck it... :hello:
  6. Best answer
    The more obvious answer is the monitor is crapping out. Switch out the monitor. If the auto adjust stops auto adjusting, its not your vidcard. I've read to blow out the dust from the vents and leave the flaky monitor unplugged for at least one day. Try it again after and see if it's better.
  7. Best answer selected by Aplowden.
  8. splainin2do said:
    The more obvious answer is the monitor is crapping out. Switch out the monitor. If the auto adjust stops auto adjusting, its not your vidcard. I've read to blow out the dust from the vents and leave the flaky monitor unplugged for at least one day. Try it again after and see if it's better.

thank you very much for your help. this did the job for me.
  9. Hey, i have an ASUS computer and an ASUS monitor and one day when i turned it on, AUTO Adjust began to pop out in the middle of the screen. I restarted the PC, then when that page where you can choose how to start your pc i have selected ,, Safe mode with Command Prompt '' , after that it loaded it still popped out, but after a few minutes it said ,, Theater Mode '' and it popped no more out. then i restarted back the pc and started it normally and all was normal.
Ask a new question

Read More

Resolution Monitors Windows XP