Sign in with
Your question

2 285s and Folding@home Quesiton

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2009 8:30:25 PM

Hey I had a quick question...

How can I use the fullpotential of these card with folding@home?

Are both cards used by default or do I have to create the 2 folders, like I've seen old turorials?

Is it better running sli working on 1 process or running 2 processes, 1 for each card?

Again whats the best setup for getting premium results:) 

thanks!
a b U Graphics card
April 15, 2009 8:55:30 PM

Read This Guide. It will explain everything you need.
April 15, 2009 10:12:37 PM

thnx alot, I got it working...I used a similar article before, but I found out what my problem was.

I wasn't enabling the 2nd monitor, what I needed to do from the guide was attach a second montior then detach it after.

But what I did instead is extend a fake monitor, it works out the same, and I don't use the main pc anyways, so I just leave it on 24/7.

Only thing is now my mouse can go past the border of the screen:p  hahaha, but other than that, its perfect!!!!

360+ ns/day per GPU now:) 

Thnx again!

To add:

I also use Fahmon, to monitor each GPU individually:)  SO I can track the % completed and make sure that the multi GPU Folding is actually functioning!:) 

http://fahmon.net/
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 15, 2009 10:40:58 PM

You're welcome. Feel free to join our folding team, team 75255. There is even a F@H raffle contest that just started. Prizes are a 9800GX2 or i7 920. Details Here.
April 15, 2009 10:55:25 PM

yeah i just did.

Hope I win:) 

thnx again!
April 16, 2009 7:29:40 AM

Erm, what are you guys talking about? I have a PS3, but none of this makes sense to me! I would be very intersted to know what you guys are doing.
April 16, 2009 3:49:00 PM

orangegator said:
You're welcome. Feel free to join our folding team, team 75255. There is even a F@H raffle contest that just started. Prizes are a 9800GX2 or i7 920. Details Here.

Arghh... fold for THG! *sigh*

Err... we... have... THG-ness...
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2009 3:59:42 PM

mman74 said:
Erm, what are you guys talking about? I have a PS3, but none of this makes sense to me! I would be very intersted to know what you guys are doing.

We are talking about a project called Folding@Home. Essentially, it's a way to use your computer's (or ps3) idle processing power to help find a cure for diseases, such as cancer. Here's the website with info on the project. http://folding.stanford.edu/

@L1qu1d: Great to hear you joined. If you fold with more than one computer, be sure to use the same username. (ie. L1qu1d or whatever you choose) for all of them so the points all go to the same account.
!