Play videos

February 1, 2005 10:02:30 PM

Can you guys suggest me a light software to play videos (such like mpeg or
avi or better divx - xvid) on pocket pc ?? Where can I get it ??

Thanks , Luca

More about : play videos

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:02:31 PM

"Luca" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Can you guys suggest me a light software to play videos (such like mpeg or
> avi or better divx - xvid) on pocket pc ?? Where can I get it ??
>
> Thanks , Luca

If you haven't already check out betaplayer at
http://betaplayer.corecodec.org. And it being free is not a detriment
either...
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 1:33:49 AM

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:49:22 -0500, "xTenn"
<xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote:

>"Luca" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
>> Can you guys suggest me a light software to play videos (such like mpeg or
>> avi or better divx - xvid) on pocket pc ?? Where can I get it ??
>>
>> Thanks , Luca
>>

>If you haven't already check out betaplayer at
>http://betaplayer.corecodec.org. And it being free is not a detriment
>either...

Yeah betaplayer seems to do everything you'd want. Get the 0.095 beta
(unstable is actually a lie, it's perfectly stable ;-)

Cheers - Neil
March 1, 2005 1:23:29 AM

For MPEG you can try PocketTV Classic, free from www.pockettv.com

"Luca" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Can you guys suggest me a light software to play videos (such like mpeg or
> avi or better divx - xvid) on pocket pc ?? Where can I get it ??
>
> Thanks , Luca

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:23:22 PM

But BetaPlayer is better :)

"The PocketTV Team" <support@pockettv.com> wrote in message
news:o #NuwciHFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> For MPEG you can try PocketTV Classic, free from www.pockettv.com
>
> "Luca" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> > Can you guys suggest me a light software to play videos (such like mpeg
or
> > avi or better divx - xvid) on pocket pc ?? Where can I get it ??
> >
> > Thanks , Luca

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:39:06 AM

"Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
news:o 5y9WBkHFHA.572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> But BetaPlayer is better :)

They play MPEG with similar performances on most devices. In fact there are
some MPEG's that play noticeably better with PocketTV on some devices.

PocketTV Classic plays only MPEG-1 files, but it also free and it has a
number of features that do not exist on Betaplayer, e.g. http streaming,
frame capture, frame stepping, adjusting colors/brightness/contrast while
playing video etc.
!