CPU UNDERCLOCKED

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
I have an desktop computer with an Phenom X3 Triple-Core CPU. In the computer's manual, in the specifications page, it says that my cpu have an original clock rate of 2.2GHz, but when I try some programs that should tell me the real clock (like Everest), they all say 1179MHz(1.1GHz). I couldn't find the problem to this, and is that going to affect my computer's overall performance??? Can someone help me?

-Sincerly, Bloc97

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Use a real-time program like CPU-Z, then open a CPU-intensive task like Prime95 and see if the speed instantly increases.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is simply Cool and Quiet clocking the CPU down when all of your computing horepower isn't needed. Disabling as Motopsychojdn suggests will force the system to operate at full speed all of the time (disable in your BIOS).

However, this will also cause your system to generate more heat and consume more power when you don't need the horsepower. During gaming and running apps, CnQ automatically adjusts itself to meet you higher system demands.

Your call, but I suggest leaving alone. What you are seeing is normal.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
I used CPU-Z, The core clock was 2.2GHz, but 1 to 4 times an minute, it has sudden drop to 1179MHz. IDK why, but maby its an voltage problem... My CPU Core is 1.25V, +2.5V is 2.48, +3.3V is 1.76!, +5V is 5.62, +12V is 11.78, +5V Standby is 5.05 and VBAT is 3.22V.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

What you are seeing is normal. Don't sweat it. Your system is simply managing CPU resources for when needed and not. Good luck!