Sign in with
Your question

Recovery Zero fill format

Last response: in Storage
October 16, 2010 9:06:05 AM

Hello!I have some problems and i have no ideea how to solve this a friend of mine asked me if I could reinstall the windows on the computer,ok I formatated and reinstalled Windows XP all the problem is that he didn't say nothing about Microsoft Outlook just after i reinstaled.It was a computer from the company that he had and on outlook it ware hundrets of contacts and mail messeges.I had tryed also to put them from the mail box but there ware no contacts and messages because the ex-outlook to say like so had the setting to delete the messages form the server.Is there any possibility to recover at least the contacts? :??:  Thank you all for the responses and sorry for my bad english..

More about : recovery fill format

a b G Storage
October 16, 2010 2:48:13 PM

Unless they are on the server, you're probably not going to be able to recover much of anything. You could use some sort of cryptic HDD software that can weed through a formatted hard drive, but such software costs a lot of money.

For future reference, if you want to back up the Outlook data file, go to account settings, data file, open location and copy the file to flash drive or something. Once Outlook is re-installed, just drag the data file to the outlook folder (usually in my documents) and set it as the default file.
October 16, 2010 3:20:51 PM

that's the problem they ware been deleted from the server to :(  what kind of cryptic hdd software do you mean?The thing is ok the messeges is not such a big problem but the contacts he needs them..and i don't know how to recover them so please if any of you have knowladge of how to recover those contacts please help me and thanks buwish for your replay
Related resources
October 17, 2010 9:32:01 AM

any help here please? :( 
!