AMD X4 PII 955 motherboard compatibility 780G/790G list

Last response: in Components
Share
June 26, 2009 8:01:54 PM

Just thought I would post this here to help other frustrated AMD X4 PII 955 owners to get a working motherboard that actually works with their purchased cpu.

Not talking about disabling cool&quite 800mhz to normal 3.2ghz talking about not having dual power plane active and overclocking at 960mhz as max cpu performance dew to lack of power.

Posted to MWave and hopefully they will make use of this when testing the MB + CPU before shipping.

Legend:
? = not confirmed or denied by users / testers not fake yes it will work from clowns at motherboard company's that does not even know what company they work for.

Yes = found working or needs bios update from 800mhz safe to reboot and normal 3.2ghz.

? and possible bios update reviewers too stupid to say this cpu with this specific motherboard in their reviews.

NOT confirmed - BIOSTAR = will not work with this cpu and this model even thought 5 differenc contacts with biostar gives 5 different known not working models as working.

AMD X4 PII 955 Motherboard friendly list with AMD 780G* / 790G* , I don't care about nvidia / sis based motherboards:
Sorted low to high price on newegg.com as was available on their website on Thursday 24 June 2009, all reviews search for " 955 " , several motherboards have been removed since my first post about this problems from newegg.com's website.

[qoute]790G Newegg.com list:
JetWay JMA3-79GDG-COMBO-LF ?
ASRock A790GMH/128M ?
BIOSTAR TA790GX XE NOT confirmed
ASRock A790GXH/128M ?
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M NOT confirmed
JetWay JMA3-79GDG-LF ?
BIOSTAR TA790GXE 128M ?
BIOSTAR TA790GXB A2+ ?
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ ?
ASRock AOD790GX/128M AM2 ?
Foxconn A7DA-S ?
DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS ?
ECS BLACK SERIES A790GXM-AD3 Yes , BIOS update to 790T416
ECS BLACK SERIES A790GXM-A ?
JetWay JHA08-LF ?
JetWay JHA07-ULTRA-LF ?
Foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 Yes http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N...
ASRock M3A790GXH/128M ?
GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H Yes Bios update needed ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
MSI DKA790GX ?
BIOSTAR TForce TA790GX A3+ Yes http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
ASUS M4A78-E ?
ASUS M4A78T-E Yes
MSI 790GX-G65 Yes
DFI LP JR 790GX-M3H5 Yes
DFI LANPARTY DK 790GX-M2RS ?

780G newegg.com list:
ECS A780GM-M3 ?
Foxconn A7GM-S 2.0 ?
JetWay JPA78M4H-LF ?
ECS BLACK SERIES A780GM-A ?
JetWay JHA06-GT-LF ?
ECS BLACK SERIES A780GM-A ?
JetWay JHA06-GT-LF ?
ASRock A780GMH/128M ?
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ ?
POWERCOLOR RS780G ?
MSI KA780GM2 ?
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H ?
ASUS M3A78-EM ? possibly with bios 1602 update not confirmed.
JetWay JXBLUE-78GA3-LF ?
ASRock A780GXE/128M ?
ASUS M4A78 PRO ?
ASUS M4A78-EM Yes bios update needed request at time of purchase.
MSI KA780G ?
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GPM-UD2H ?
GIGABYTE GA-MA780G-UD3H ?
ASRock A780GXH/128M ?
ASRock M3A780GXH/128M ?
JetWay JNC81-LF ? mini itx board nice.

Amd Website claims this works ??
http://products.amd.com/en-us/recommendedmbresult.aspx?...

Other reviews with tested hardware that works.
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P BIOS F3L http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/cpu/amd/x4_955/p2.asp
Asus M4A78T-E http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1560&pageID=6822
MSI 790FX-GD70 http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=761
MSI 790FX-GD70 http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/pii9...
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P http://icrontic.com/articles/amd-phenom-ii-x4-955/2
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/...
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H (BIOS F4) http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36...
MSI 790FX http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-x4-945-and-955...
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18149&page=5
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=2880&c...
Gigabyte MA790FXT http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2393&p...
GA-MA790FXT-UD5P http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2393&p... reached 4ghz overclock.
Asus M3A78-T http://www.hardcoreware.net/amd-phenom-ii-x4-955-black-...
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe http://www.modreactor.com/english/Reviews/AMD-Phenom-II...

Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H - 790GX-based, F3 BIOS (01/13/09) http://techgage.com/article/amd_phenom_ii_x4_955_black_...

ASUS M4A79T Deluxe http://www.hardwareoverclock.com/AMD_Phenom_II_X4_955_B...
[/quote]

Hope this can safe a lot of 955 owners the hell to get a working AMD based 780G* / 790G* motherboard, if you managed to get it working with any motherboard post details of model and method including nvidia / sis based IGP or no IGP.
July 7, 2009 9:36:44 PM

what bout this Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
!