Weird dual video card question

Karraya

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Quick but weird question.

I just bought call of duty 5 world at war for PC.

I know of a hack where you can run the game twice and thus can have a co-op with a friend on a different monitor if you wanted. My question is. if I did this would it be possible to make it so I can run two different video cards and have one be specific for each instance of the application?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

uhhh i highly doubt it. the game would have to be specifically coded for it. in anycase ur CPU and RAM would die from running it twice

Never heard of such a mod/hack yet. So not sure. I doubt you'll be able to do it since you will run in to problems with controls. Even on 2 screens you can have only one mouse pointer. Not to mention this will slow down the game quite a lot. Why not just play on line vs. each other on 2 PCs?

Karraya

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
My friend doesn't have a good computer and he loves nazi zombies.

Here is the "hack"
http://pcsplitscreen.freehostia.com/Cod%20Split%20screen.htm

The second monitor is smaller so the resolution would be lower luckily. My graphics card is a GTX 275. Also, if you auto hot key the controls to my 360 usb controller it can actually work. I was thinking it would be quicker if I could put in my old radeon 4850 and dedicate it to the 2nd instance of the game running.

Thanks for the response though.