Sign in with
Your question

Amd overdrive

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 22, 2010 3:07:15 PM

Hello,
i have an amd athlon x2 QL 64 processor and i was wondering if amd overdrive can help me overclock it. if so how do i do it?

More about : amd overdrive

a b À AMD
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 22, 2010 3:16:20 PM

Download overdrivel, select autoclock and come back in half an hour,
Although you would be better learning to do it manually, more potential and more fun :) 
that depends if your Mobo/Bios will allow it though,whats your specs?
Moto
m
l
November 22, 2010 3:32:15 PM

I have tried to use AMD Overdrive on several cpus with NO SUCCESS! Don't plan on this working. Rather, plan to overclock in the BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 23, 2010 5:46:38 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Although you would be better learning to do it manually, more potential and more fun :) 
Moto

well the socket is a s1g2, my muliplier is 5.25x. when i go to performance control the autoclock start is blacked out, there is a bar where i can move it from default to high performance but i'm afraid to do it cuz i don't want to fry my laptop, how far can i safely move the bar? what is the bios/mobo?
m
l
a b À AMD
a c 190 K Overclocking
November 23, 2010 6:16:47 PM

Bios, you know when you turn the laptop on,
somewhere on the screen it will say press F1/Delete/F8 to enter bios/setup? that gets you into your bios screen, bios is the basic instruction system your pc works from.
Mobo is your motherboard, there are different models of them and different ones have different capabilies,
Download Cpu-z and run it, that will tell you some information about your system like mobo model ram etc, post details back here for us please.
Your little slider thing you can put all the way across if you wish, overdrive is a cautious O/c tool and rarely messes the system up, if it does all you do is bluescreen and have to start again
Moto
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 23, 2010 6:31:53 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Bios, you know when you turn the laptop on,
somewhere on the screen it will say press F1/Delete/F8 to enter bios/setup? that gets you into your bios screen, bios is the basic instruction system your pc works from.
Mobo is your motherboard, there are different models of them and different ones have different capabilies,
Download Cpu-z and run it, that will tell you some information about your system like mobo model ram etc, post details back here for us please.
Your little slider thing you can put all the way across if you wish, overdrive is a cautious O/c tool and rarely messes the system up, if it does all you do is bluescreen and have to start again
Moto

how fast will my 2.10ghz bump up to? and will it get really hot?
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
November 23, 2010 6:40:17 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Moto

my chipset is the AMD M780G SB700 series chipset
m
l
!