Hibernation leading to hibernation sickness..

Happenstance

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
I set my PC to Hibernate the other night as I was only going to be gone for a couple hours and didn't feel the need to shut it all the way down. When I awoke the computer, and ever since then, everything now loads unbelievably slow. When I start-up and login, explorer never loads and I have to logout and back in just to get explorer to appear and then I'm still left with programs taking minutes to load. Also watching a video, whether DVD or youtube, is extremely lagtastic.

From what I could find searching the internets, my power scheme WAS set to Minimal Power Management and I've switched it back to Always On but that hasn't fixed the problem whatsoever. I've tried to defrag the system but it stayed on 0% all night (8 hours). System Restore changed nothing either.

I'm at a lost and desperately looking for help!

johnny_chronic

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Have you tried hibernation mode again?

Have you considered reinstalling your video card drivers? It sounds like your video card driver crashed or isn't loading.

You could have some hardware damage.

A fast story, I had a PC in early 2000's XP threw into hiber and when I resumed it crashed with many errors on the drive (long lists). Later looking into it I learned the RAM went bad.

Consider downloading and trying MemTest86 for windows, unless you feel like burning a start up disc, you could also try the DOS version of MemTest86.

TRENDING THREADS