Can't decide on case, but ordering computer parts soon

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
First off, out of the cases i am about to list price is no object. I'm looking for a spacious interior with good cable management and airflow. Order is completely random, not my preference.

Cooler Master HAF 922
NZXT Tempest
AZZA Fantom 900
Antec 900

More suggestions welcome, as long as they look good =p

P.S: must fit large components such as GTX 295

deluxegamer233

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Get a Thermaltake Armor+ LCS VH600LBWS with the cooling [One sold on eBay today for like 250].

Or. . . Extreme Black Smilodon [in my opinion, the white 'n' blue is ugly, although I just realized it might be easy to make it patriotic]. W/o psu is pretty inexpensive on the egg - 54 if you get your rebate back.

I'd like to get one of the real cheap cases and cut it and spraypaint it [add a window]. Some of them are just so ugly.

Frys has the Antec 900 for 99 w/ free shipping - egg'll add the 15 to 20 for shipping - I don't know frys shipping though, but heard it's fast if that's even more than miniscule.

After asking a couple places here on Tom's, I'm still not sure if everything is compatible with all cases. For instance I see an SLI symbol on Thermaltake's site for the Armor+ I listed, but not on a lot of others.

What parts are you getting?

tecmo34

Administrator

With your list, I would add the Cooler Master RC-690 & the Antec 902. However based on you talking about a GTX295, I think you would be better off with a full tower. On full towers, I would recomend either of these two cases: Antec 1200 or Cooler Master HAF 932. I lean toward the 1200, myself :) but it is up to you on what you like best.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

What color LED fans do those come with?

Crazy V

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
My opinion is the Coolmaster ATCS 840. But that's just a suggestion. Very wide should fit most CPU Heat sinks. Also you can get a side window kit or have one installed.

eylee86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008

Ive had NZXT Tempest before. It is pretty spacious for a midtower and it's fairly easy to cable management since it has a hole where you can route your cables through the back of the mobo tray.

Instead of Antec 900, i would look at Antec 900 two. For 10 more or so you get the option of routing your cable through the back of the mobo tray.

BUT, i am not positive if they will fit the GTX295. I know that Antec 900 two fits GTX260 just barely (but you can't use the adjacent bays.) and i'm gonna guess that NZXT Tempest is the same deal since they're just about the same size. So yeah make sure to compare the length of the card between GTX295 vs GTX260.

I just bought a case as well for my new build and I bought Antec 1200. It was on sale for $140 at Frys. It is spacious, good airflow and cable management. And for me, it fits my criteria as long as you can overlook of it being a full tower/heavy and ugly(?) because some people thikn that it's just butt-ugly. It's not the prettiest case around like the conservative looking Lian-Lis but I think it looks clean enough.

Good luck