Buying a GTX260, Need help picking PSU

Alright well I don't know much about computers in general, but I am purchasing Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB) and I will probably need a new PSU.

I don't have the specs for my computer at the moment, but I'm pretty much just running the basics.

The video card minimum requirements are "Minimum of a 500 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 36 Amp Amps.)
Two available 6-pin Molex hard drive power dongles"

So I basically need that. I was looking on Newegg and found a few PSUs that look promising. That being said I know nothing about PSUs haha.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W ATX12V v2.01 SLI Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Now I'd like the best bang for my buck, but I really don't want to spend over $80.

If any of you could help with suggestions or whatnot, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Maximillian
6 answers Last reply
More about buying gtx260 picking
  1. I would go for the corsair 550w (41 amp 12v rail) which is around $80 after rebate.
  2. Thank you sir.

More opinions plox. Don't need to be on the list I posted.
  3. Also how can I tell if the PSU in question has "Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 36 Amp Amps"
  4. +1 for Corsair.

The total amps available on the 12V rails should be listed on the PSU label. (Which in the case of the VX550 is 41).
  5. Avoid Rosewill. For what is listed, the Corsairs are your best bet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Components Product