Asus A8AE-LE BIOS issues

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Asus
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2009 12:51:10 AM

Hi, I currently have a Asus A8AE-LE (Amberine) MB and recently upgraded my CPU cooler to the Zalman 9700. Problem was, MB has a 3 pin header while the Zalman 9700 had a 4 pin. I searched around and was told I could just plug in my Zalman leaving the blue wire out. The computer starts up, but right after the booting screen I get the "Error: CPU fan has failed, restarting.. etc." error. I can get past this by hitting F2 (don't know why) but my fan runs very slow making the CPU temp hitting 51C in nearly 5 minutes.. doing no gaming or surfing the internet. So I went out and got me one of those TX3 to LP4 adapters and plugged it in. Now the fan runs very fast and loud but I still get the "Error: CPU fan has failed, restarting.. etc." error. Also, my computer sometimes randomly shuts off, but the led on my Power On button on my tower is still lit up.. I can't restart it by holding down the button but instead I have to switch the PSU on and off. I looked around for a solution to the error I get on startup and got a few solutions of disabling the 'SMART CPU FAN' option in the BIOS, problem is, there is no such thing in my BIOS. As for the loudness and speed of my fan, I think I can deal with it or if it does become a problem I'll get a fan controller.

So any solutions on how to get the 'SMART CPU FAN' option in my BIOS?

Motherboard ID 01/25/2007-RS482-SB400-Amberine-00
Motherboard Name Asus A8AE-LE (Amberine)
BIOS Version Copyright 2006 by Hewlett-Packard Company Rev. 3.15
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

More about : asus a8ae bios issues

December 2, 2009 6:07:25 PM

I am using several of the A8AE-LE mobos. Instead of using F1 to get to the bios [version 3,15] use F11. As I recall you can then get some fan control under advanced>hardware monitor [located ay very bottom] that you won't get when using F1.