From: xxx
Time: 2009-07-21 21:45:17
To: sales
CC:
Subject: Re: Connect via L2TP with router?
Also, my router's firmware can be viewed online at the router's site, if that helps.
http://www.support.dlink.com/emulators/dgl4500/login.htm

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM, sales <sales@vpngates.com> wrote:
Dear xxx,

I don't think you can config it on your router, because vpn connection based on local internet connection, if you config vpn connection on your router, where you can set your local internet connection.

Regards,
yyy,
VPNGates.com
From: xxx
Time: 2009-07-21 21:37:36
To: sales
CC:
Subject: Connect via L2TP with router?
Can I use your service to connect via my router? I have attached a picture of my router's L2TP settings page.

--

Regards,

xxx
xxx@gmail.com
xxxx@gmail.com

If I'm understanding this guy right, he's saying that the option on my router (pictured below) only configures local internet and that entering any other information here would give me no internet because my local internet would be bound to an address out in the ether. But if that's the case, then how would this option do anyone any good at all?

Or am I missing the point entirely? If I'm not missing the point, does anyone know of any companies that sell VPN proxy servers that might work with this router option?

settingsdxs.jpg