windows media player default

How do I make Window media player my default player? It used to be and something happened where now it is quicktime. I want to make WMP my default.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about windows media player default

    Sandy;

    Open WMP | Tools | Options | File Types tab | Select All Button | Apply | OK

    [[Windows Media Player will attempt to be the default player for the
    selected file types.
    If a selected check box is dimmed, Windows Media Player has only partial
    ownership of the file type. Multiple file extensions are assigned to the
    file type, but the Player only plays some of those extensions by default. To
    give the Player full ownership of a file type, double-click the dimmed check
    box.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:6A40D173-623B-4FAF-926A-DFFE56D5B6D8@microsoft.com,
    Sandy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > How do I make Window media player my default player? It used to be
    > and something happened where now it is quicktime. I want to make WMP
    > my default.
    >
    > Thanks

    They are all checked. It happens when I am trying to view video clips online and I click on links. It tries to open Quicktime instead of WMP.

    Sandy;

    It may be that the files trying to play are QuickTime files.
    i.e. .mov .qt .movie .moov Which are all QuickTime Movie, Apple Macintosh
    native movie platform

    Post back with a sample link.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:4F976F02-1105-4AAE-A760-7A65972603D9@microsoft.com,
    Sandy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > They are all checked. It happens when I am trying to view video
    > clips online and I click on links. It tries to open Quicktime
    > instead of WMP.

Configuration Default Microsoft Media Player Windows XP