Sign in with
Your question

No sound on hp dv6000

Last response: in Windows 7
September 19, 2011 7:02:05 AM

hello, i have a dv6000 laptop that the sound was working great, now i have an error message saying there is no output device intalled, i cannot access the bios for sound, HP crippled it, i have tried going through device mananger, but there is no tab for sound anymore. have also tried going thru control panel, nothing. booted into ubuntu 11.04 still nothing. any ideas?

More about : sound dv6000

a b \ Driver
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 7:35:39 AM

Can u go back in time and look for earlier restore points, when it was working fine?

"booted into ubuntu 11.04 still nothing. any ideas?"

But when u did that, I think it might be fried or....

Can u go to bios and reset it to default?

http://linhost.info/2009/12/how-to-reset-the-bios-on-a-...
m
l
September 19, 2011 8:11:59 AM

i could restore, but my nearest restore point is in early 2010 X_X and as stated i can access anything sound related because HP sucks and has crippled its bios settings :( 
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2011 8:31:10 AM

alright just followed the instructions there, i dont have that cord, i have the small battery but no cord, also it looks asthough i have never had one ie no solder marks or so forth. :??: 
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 8:50:24 AM

I don't know what cable u mean, but important here is the battery

"Pay Attention: Only connect the AC adapter do not insert the battery , proceed to boot the system as usual without the battery. The system now boots without prompting for a password, you can now declared victory and dance around a bonfire.

Shutdown the system and re-insert the battery. And that is all!"

Because there is power stored in capacitors thats why u press start button, when no power is connected to the system. It could have enough power to keep memory of that old setting.

Just make sure there is no power going trough, when u do the press, so it resets.
m
l
September 19, 2011 9:24:05 AM

"At the bottom of the compartment you can identify the (RTC) battery because it has two cables (one red and black) coming out of it. The cables lead to a connector which is attached to the board, carefully pull out the connector to separate it from the board. Now wait for at least five minutes. After five minutes have passed reconnect the connector to the board, place the cover and screw everything back in to it’s original state."
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 9:41:51 AM

If you have one of those fancy touch sensitive strips like I have on my DV7, that has audio mute, they can lock. Remove batter and press power on button and audio strip icon at the same time to distcharge static buildup.

Wait 1 minute, put battery back in, power on.

Failing that, sounds like a driver for I belive the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 which HP do not have W7 drievrs for, so you will have to use Vista drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

m
l
September 22, 2011 7:31:34 AM

try to repair your windows 7 and install back the sound driver... hope it works...
m
l
!