My nightmare with my 4850x2

jadawgis732

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
So I was laying back waiting for vantage to finish it's benchmark, and thinking about the disadvantages with mounting psu at top. (I've bough Antec 900 and NZXT Tempest in last week, will return 900 to Best Buy as soon as I swing by) but yea, I was thinking about top mounted psu's and all the reason's i wish they would simply go extinct. Then it popped up into my head, that if someone unscrewed the 4 screws holding a psu in, in a really sweet system, well, gravity wins my friend. I was picturing the 8 Lb. PSU dropiing, taking out the CPU HSF, CPU(Bent Pin), and all of the wreckage landing on the 4850x2. It looks like the 4850x2 will survive, but all of a sudden it actually snaps off at the pci-e insert. Oh I forgot the best part.

This wasn't a dream, it really just happened.

halcyon

Splendid

LOL, I needed that. Thanks.

P.S. I'm still laughing. ...hopefully this is a joke but its still really funny, well done.

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
That's why I use bottom mounted PSUs. The BIG advantage to having a top mounted one is heat doesn't rise up your board and all the parts. I have custom mounted about 6 80mm fans around my bottoms mounted PSU in my Cooler Master 690 case and it blows all the hot air from the PSU down and across. With it my CPU gets a couple of degrees cooler.