AMD Phenom X4 955 BE UNSTABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninipanzzu

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
MY AMD PHENOM X4 955 BE IS VERY UNSTABLE

I DID NOT EVEN OVERCLOCK THIS AND IT GOES DOWN TO .8GHZ AND

GOES BACK UP TO 3.2GHZ AGAIN. AND IT KEEPS RECYCLING.

ANY IDEA TO FIX THIS???

It's not unstable. It's downclocking itself to 800MHz to save power when you aren't putting it under any strain. Try putting a heavy load on it and you should see it go to 3.2GHz and stay there. If it were unstable, your computer would be freezing or crashing.

ninipanzzu

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
im using ASUS M4A79 Deluxe and the version is 1602 it says.

and no my cpu stays in 800Mhz during gaming. if you might wanna call during lagging.

I suspect you've made errors in your BIOS choices.
I'd reset your bios to the original settings.
CnQ really isnt a bad thing, but if you want to alter the BIOS make sure it doesnt have you stuck @ 800Mzh

sighQ2

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
you think any idea will fix your pc?

your problem is with Windows Power Management SETTING.

I forget what it's called - I think with cnq on you used BALANCED or MINIMAL. I think it's MIN - that tells vista to let cnq do the job of managing the power; cos windoze will screw it up.

Try them all - one of them does what you want. cnq saves power by downclocking to several various frequencies depending on how busy 955 is - it also lowers voltage.

But you want to see it instantaneously speed up when the load gets big.

If you are on xp, you might have other issues.

There's nothing wrong w the hardware.

and after I tweak my pc - reset to defaults in bios is the last thing I want to do.

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
im having the same problem after using amd fusion, i get stuck with a x 4 multiplier on ma phenomII 955 resulting in 800mhz x4 i have c1e and c&q disabled, the fact is my bios settings are being completely ignored, ive tried altering my power management options, also to no avail.
the only way i get my 3.2 back is through amd overdrive, i cannot effect any changes to my cpu via my bios, so it seems.
i had my own post on the subject i also have the M4A79 deluxe with bios3501
i have win 7 64bit. did u find a solution nini?

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
i fixed my issue with asus board by brining my bios up to date, the 955 wasnt fully stable before a certain bios resulting in the multiplier dropping to x 4, if u got this issue check to see if the 955 is compatible with your version of the bios. if this helps anyone i am very happy, i found it really frustrating with everyone saying it must be c&q or c1e despite me stating that wasnt the case. gl

Status
Not open for further replies.