Solved

Maxtor IV 1 tb External Hard Drive

Hello,
I have a Maxtor IV 1 tb External Hard Drive. I accidently broke the USB connector on the hard case. The hard drive survived & I had it installed into a new hard case. My compter recognizes the hard drive but I am no longer able to do automatic backups. Is there a way I can get it to do automatic backups again?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about maxtor external hard drive
  1. Best answer
    Hi there,

Sounds like you replaced the one touch HDD in a regular external case (?SATA drive with SATA to USB interface)?

Try uninstalling, then reinstalling the backUp software that came with the external drive. Also with the software there is a diagnostics program that might be useful if just reinstalling the backUp software to recognize this drive doesn't solve the problem.
  2. Thanks for replying. I'm out of state right now till the first of the year so I do not have access to the software that came with my hard drive. When I get home I'll try reinstalling the software & see if that works. I am able to drag & drop files onto the hard drive, so that will have to work for now. I just miss the automatic backups without having to worry about losing something important.
  3. Best answer selected by valj1970.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Cases External Hard Drive USB Connector Maxtor Storage