Raid0 Failure

G

Hello,
Our small Business Network operate by dell power edge 2800 server with 2 SCSi HHD (146GB x2) working for 2 years and NO problems notice, but i found out recently there is a need to increase the server capacity ,

so i try to read the specification of the hard disk and i hear about SCSI hot swap so i go directly to the HDD and pull out one of that disks " second one "

i try to power on the server again and i see the LED in the front said flashing amber and i get a massege about the logical disk is " failure " and instruction to press Ctrl+M to setup

when i press the Ctrl+m and check in the BIOS configuration i found table for harddisk and i think its RAID0 , of what i see the DISK 0 is green and ok ,, the DISK1 ambur and " failure "

so how to recreate or restore the failure disk with out any loss of data

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
RAID0 stripes your data, so you can only access a file if you have both hard drives. If one of the drives fails, you're SOL. RAID0 should not be used in business applications, as it offers no redundancy whatsoever. If it is used, it should be backed up often to separate drives, and these drives should be stored off site, somewhere safe.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

You're right, if there are no backups, you're pretty much out of luck. If the drives aren't in the array, there is no way to recover data.

RobertWH

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
If the software can't help you should send it to recovery service. For example, Fields Data Recovery. They saved us a lot of trouble and handled the case professionally.