Disadvantages of EVGA and XFX being in Australia

dRaiK

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I'm planning to buy the GTX 275, and it is really between the EVGA and XFX brand. The EVGA brand has a better warranty for overclocking and such, but the price is equivalent to the XFX brand.

XFX has far cry 2 bundled with it, so if I would really going to quantity, the XFX would be it. But then the XFX warranty breaks after the slightest of overclocking on the card.

But I'd really like to know is what are the disadvantages of buying a EVGA or XFX card in Australia? Buying these companies' graphics cards in the US gives you full and easier access to the warranties.

I've heard that there is only a 3 year warranty for EVGA products if you live in Australia...

Is there any other disadvantages of the warranties and such I should be knowing about, while living in Australia?

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
In your case the warantee as stated on the product just needs to be confirmed from whomever sells it. In most cases they support such a warantee if they are selling on behalf of XFX/EVGA, while the other will most likely give you a 1 year return warantee after which the card will be send back.

Bottom line, whomever sells either of these cards need to tell you how they comply to the stated warantee.