Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cooler Master Real Power Pro M1000 vs. Antec True Power Quattro 1000W

Last response: in Components
Share
June 27, 2009 12:10:07 PM

1. Cooler Master Real Power Pro M1000
Link: http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=de...


2. Antec True PowerQuattro 1000W
Link: http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NTk=


Which power supply unit has the overall higher score? Each criteria should be a rating out of 10.

- Performance (including overclocking)
- Quality (design and built)
- General features
- Packaging
- Value


My System:

- Cooler Master ATCS 840
- Intel's Core 2 Quad Q9650
- Asus P5Q Pro
- DDR2 4Gb kit 1066mhz Kingston
- Pioneer Sata Blu-ray writer
- CPU cooler CM V8
- 4x1TB Sata Samsung HDD
- 2x295GTX
- 24" monitor



Main question: Both brands have a good reputation, can i really go wrong choosing either Cooler Master or Antec?


oh, btw do you see any problems with my final set up?
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2009 1:38:17 PM

famciclovirrr said:

- Asus P5Q Pro

Mobo will not do SLI.

Quote:
- CPU cooler CM V8

Xigmatech Dark Knight is better and cheaper.

Quote:
- 2x295GTX
- 24" monitor

Massive overkill for a 24" monitor, one is more than enough. Besides the fact that the mobo is Crossfire only.


As for the PSU, I would change it to Corsair HX750 or 850. (With 1x GTX295)
June 28, 2009 1:10:26 AM

theAnimal said:
Mobo will not do SLI.

Quote:
- CPU cooler CM V8

Xigmatech Dark Knight is better and cheaper.

Quote:
- 2x295GTX
- 24" monitor

Massive overkill for a 24" monitor, one is more than enough. Besides the fact that the mobo is Crossfire only.


As for the PSU, I would change it to Corsair HX750 or 850. (With 1x GTX295)




motherboard: what about gigabyte ep45 ud3p?

psu: will the corsair 750 be enough for 4 hdd, 1 powerful video card, 24" monitor and overclocking cpu?
Related resources
June 28, 2009 1:11:40 AM

btw thanks for your help "theanimal"
June 28, 2009 1:42:37 AM

Is there a particular reason you are limiting yourself from those two PSU's?
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2009 3:32:08 AM

famciclovirrr said:
motherboard: what about gigabyte ep45 ud3p?

Still Crossfire only, but with a single card that does not matter. The Gigabyte is better for OCing quads.

Quote:
psu: will the corsair 750 be enough for 4 hdd, 1 powerful video card, 24" monitor and overclocking cpu?

Yes.
June 28, 2009 5:34:19 PM

I would go with the Antec True PowerQuattro 1000w. I have two and they have both performed flawlessly.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2009 7:03:18 PM

starams5 said:
I would go with the Antec True PowerQuattro 1000w. I have two and they have both performed flawlessly.


Corsair HX850 has as many amps on 12V, plus it's better quality, more efficient, and has a longer warranty.
June 28, 2009 7:35:02 PM

theAnimal said:
Corsair HX850 has as many amps on 12V, plus it's better quality, more efficient, and has a longer warranty.


The Op asked to pick between the Antec and Cooler Master, I don't see Corsair up there anywhere. Second, I have the right to my opinion just like you have the right to yours, respect that.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2009 9:45:43 PM

starams5 said:
The Op asked to pick between the Antec and Cooler Master, I don't see Corsair up there anywhere.


I've found it's best to read the entire thread before replying. :) 

And I would probably choose the CM over the Antec, but they are both good.
June 28, 2009 9:57:45 PM

theAnimal said:
I've found it's best to read the entire thread before replying. :) 

And I would probably choose the CM over the Antec, but they are both good.


I've found that its best to be a man and admit when you're wrong 2 "Corsair HX850 has as many amps on 12V".
a b ) Power supply
June 29, 2009 2:39:37 AM

starams5 said:
I've found that its best to be a man and admit when you're wrong 2 "Corsair HX850 has as many amps on 12V".


Since when does 70A not equal 70A?
June 29, 2009 3:16:57 AM

theAnimal said:
Since when does 70A not equal 70A?


70A=70A agreed.
a b ) Power supply
June 29, 2009 4:10:13 AM

starams5 said:
70A=70A agreed.


Great, so the HX850 has the same amps on 12V as the TPQ 1000.
June 29, 2009 4:13:25 AM

I said agreed, what do want a lolly-pop?
June 29, 2009 4:41:38 AM

famciclovirrr said:
motherboard: what about gigabyte ep45 ud3p?

psu: will the corsair 750 be enough for 4 hdd, 1 powerful video card, 24" monitor and overclocking cpu?


Interesting article over at xbitlabs re: psu needed...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/system...

I frequently find that many posters over estimate what wattage is required for a particular build. Kudos to xbitlabs for helping me in my wee 'mythbusters' quest.

Jonnyguru is my preferred site for PSU reviews, they do very thorough work. But their ability to cover all PSU models is limited by their very thoroughness, so xbitlabs is for me, a good second choice.
!