Sign in with
Your question

Color calibration

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 16, 2009 10:50:09 AM

Hi, i want to know witch card or cards are the best for colorcalibration, to have the right color. It is for dual monitor, i use a HD tv and a samsung monitor. I thought about 2 cards in crossfire of sapphire, the HD 4850 or 4870. 2 card's because i need 2 lut's. Or is there an other solution. I mostly use photoshop and dreamweaver.

More about : color calibration

a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2009 1:16:23 PM

I'm not sure, but if you use digital connection (DVI, HDMI) color calibration mostly depends on the monitor, not the card more so if not for games. Professional LCD cost a lot, but you might want to take a look at the Spyder too.
April 16, 2009 1:30:35 PM

Yes, i have the spyder3, i mailed with them and they say that i need 1 special card with 2 LUT's or 2 grapic card.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2009 2:00:02 PM

I don't know how common "2 LUTs" cards are now that most cards have two digital outputs. Can't they give you a list of typically supported cards? Maybe you can ask manufacturers, because I don't think LUTs are part of the readily available specs. when you shop for cards. I didn't even know what it was until I googled it.
April 16, 2009 2:08:14 PM

Yes, also didn't know, but stange thing is that matrox has a dual dual-link graphic card. Maybe this is one what they mean, or it is a write mistake.
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2009 2:25:47 PM

Dual-link is only the "DVI bandwidth", it is necessary to support higher resolution like 2560x1600, I think it can also be used to plug 2 lower resolution LCD on a single DVI plug (with special "Y" adapter).
!