Color calibration

Hi, i want to know witch card or cards are the best for colorcalibration, to have the right color. It is for dual monitor, i use a HD tv and a samsung monitor. I thought about 2 cards in crossfire of sapphire, the HD 4850 or 4870. 2 card's because i need 2 lut's. Or is there an other solution. I mostly use photoshop and dreamweaver.
6 answers Last reply
More about color calibration
  1. I'm not sure, but if you use digital connection (DVI, HDMI) color calibration mostly depends on the monitor, not the card more so if not for games. Professional LCD cost a lot, but you might want to take a look at the Spyder too.
  2. Yes, i have the spyder3, i mailed with them and they say that i need 1 special card with 2 LUT's or 2 grapic card.
  3. I don't know how common "2 LUTs" cards are now that most cards have two digital outputs. Can't they give you a list of typically supported cards? Maybe you can ask manufacturers, because I don't think LUTs are part of the readily available specs. when you shop for cards. I didn't even know what it was until I googled it.
  4. Yes, also didn't know, but stange thing is that matrox has a dual dual-link graphic card. Maybe this is one what they mean, or it is a write mistake.
  5. Dual-link is only the "DVI bandwidth", it is necessary to support higher resolution like 2560x1600, I think it can also be used to plug 2 lower resolution LCD on a single DVI plug (with special "Y" adapter).
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics