Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Window is unable to format a 2 GB pendrive

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 25, 2011 4:36:08 PM

Hello,
while making a pendrive bootable for
ubuntu my pen drive get some trouble and now it is not working properly and even not format from disk management and softwares fail to format my pendrive are HP USB dik storage and SD formatter.
help me out my email address is
hemrajnagori007@gmail.com
August 25, 2011 8:49:06 PM

have you tried the hp usb formatting tool?
Score
0

Best solution

August 26, 2011 6:32:00 AM

TRY the dos format it gives u a warning before format ignore it but first store all the data in any drive which do u want to prevent how to format

1. GO TO RUN
2.TYPE "CMD" THEN PRESS ENTER
3.IN COMMAND TYPE THIS "FORMAT DRIVE PATH" EX. - H
4.NOW IT SAY U PRESS ANY KEY OR ENTER WHEN U R READY NOW PRESS ENTER
5.SOMETIMES WHEN PEN DRIVE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT GIVES U A WARNING MESSAGE IGNORE IT& PRESS ENTER
6.AFTER FORMAT IT SAY U GIVE NAME TO UR PEN DRIVE TYPE ANY THING LIKE HEMRAJ

Share
Related resources
August 26, 2011 7:49:28 AM

RAGHAV SHARMA said:

1. GO TO RUN
2.TYPE "CMD" THEN PRESS ENTER




You'll have a better chance of making it work in Ubuntu. :D 


Score
0
September 2, 2011 2:40:55 PM

AntiZig said:
have you tried the hp usb formatting tool?

ya man i tried but still have a problem
Score
0
September 2, 2011 2:50:30 PM

no yaar it didn't work at all it gives this msg
THE TYPE OF THE FILE IS RAW.
PLEASE USE THE /FS SWITCH TO
SPECIFY THE FILE SYSTEM YOU WISH
TO USE ON THIS VOLUME.
Score
0
September 2, 2011 4:42:12 PM

ok so when you're typing format command

format -X /fs NTFS

where X is your drive letter

if you're running into any more problems/questions, just start cmd and type in format /?
that will give you the help info for that function
Score
0
September 2, 2011 5:47:46 PM

AntiZig said:
ok so when you're typing format command

format -X /fs NTFS

where X is your drive letter

if you're running into any more problems/questions, just start cmd and type in format /?
that will give you the help info for that function



Friend it also didn't work
giving this
FORMAT J: /FS:FAT

100% format


at last I have this msg


Verifying 1927M
Invalid media or Track 0 BAD - Disk Unusable

plz suggest me any other method I have tried so many like
formatting by CMD
Formatting by Disk management
softwares used-HP utility,SD Formatter

so plz give me reliable suggestion
Score
0
September 2, 2011 6:54:37 PM

well have you tried formatting it under ubuntu?

if none of it works, I think you might have a bad flash drive
Score
0
September 2, 2011 7:06:39 PM

AntiZig said:
well have you tried formatting it under ubuntu?

if none of it works, I think you might have a bad flash drive




+1 ^ to both comments - sounds like a dud to me but Linux is it's last chance.


Score
0
September 3, 2011 11:04:12 AM

AntiZig said:
well have you tried formatting it under ubuntu?

if none of it works, I think you might have a bad flash drive




ya I tried to format in ubuntu but it didn't work there also
I think my pen drive is unusable now
it's name is Microsim and bought from UAE
Score
0
January 2, 2012 6:39:18 AM

I have a moserbaer 4 GB pen drive. Followed your above steps but shows track 0 error. Used HP formatting tool to no effect. Pl advise.
Score
0
January 3, 2012 12:15:15 PM

same as above, if you cannot format under linux you likely have a bad flashdrive. (return it for an exchange if you just bought it)
Score
0
April 1, 2012 8:42:41 PM

AntiZig said:
ok so when you're typing format command

format -X /fs NTFS

where X is your drive letter

if you're running into any more problems/questions, just start cmd and type in format /?
that will give you the help info for that function





Thanx u so much, my 4Gb kingston is working now....

I have another pen drive which has virus which makes it write protected, so i cant format it, can delete anything, and obivously anti virus cant able to do anything bcoz of write protection,so help me if there is any possible way. i have tried to set registry value too but nothing works
Score
0
April 1, 2012 8:43:09 PM

RAGHAV SHARMA said:
TRY the dos format it gives u a warning before format ignore it but first store all the data in any drive which do u want to prevent how to format

1. GO TO RUN
2.TYPE "CMD" THEN PRESS ENTER
3.IN COMMAND TYPE THIS "FORMAT DRIVE PATH" EX. - H
4.NOW IT SAY U PRESS ANY KEY OR ENTER WHEN U R READY NOW PRESS ENTER
5.SOMETIMES WHEN PEN DRIVE IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT GIVES U A WARNING MESSAGE IGNORE IT& PRESS ENTER
6.AFTER FORMAT IT SAY U GIVE NAME TO UR PEN DRIVE TYPE ANY THING LIKE HEMRAJ

THAT'S ALL DONT FORGET TO SAY ME THANKS IF ITS WORKING & IF DONT WORK CONTACT ME @ RAGHAV_GROUP70@yahoo.com




Thanx u so much, my 4Gb kingston is working now....

I have another pen drive which has virus which makes it write protected, so i cant format it, can delete anything, and obivously anti virus cant able to do anything bcoz of write protection,so help me if there is any possible way. i have tried to set registry value too but nothing works
Score
0
April 1, 2012 9:51:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
0
April 1, 2012 9:52:25 PM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
0
!