Slim build with full size graphics card possible?

First time poster, so please bear with me. I am looking for a build slim SFF tower similar to (or based on) an Inspiron slim or a HP Pavilion slimline, since I don't need a whole lot of components and I _like_ the form factor. I know I am going to pay dearly for this endeavor, but I am sure I am not the only one here who is after a specific look and prepared to pay for it.

I don't need a whole lot of oomph, core2duo does it for me, single hard drive, I can even do without a ODD altogether. The only problem, it has to fit a full size graphics card like a GTX 260 and be able to supply it with power (which puts this into the region of a 400W PSU).

I have done a bit of research and I know that there are a whole lot of shoebox type SFF cases from shuttle and others, but I have not come a cross a single slim tower design. I assume this is because it would require quite a bit of hacking to get the system running, the graphics card would have to be mounted horizontally (i.e. parallel to the mainboard) using something like a flex riser and additional cooling arrangements, and if a standard PSU would be used, it would also have to be flipped in a vertical position to fit.

Has anyone attempted to build such a system? Are there any commercial designs out there that work with minimal modification, or am I entirely on my own here and looking at a scratch-build case?
1 answer Last reply
More about slim build full size graphics card possible
  1. Drive to your local Fry's, Microcenter, etc. computer hardware store and look at some of the cases on display. Is that an arrest and booking pic?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Build Components