ST2 University. Baffled.

Last response: in Video Games
March 17, 2005 10:43:34 PM

I am. I really am.
I sent the eldest Grunt off to university about an hour ago.
Considering he did it to get away from his father I thought the opening film
was a bit over the top, but never mind.

I naturally thought finding him somewhere to kip would be the first thing,
but the poor guy is standing outside an empty building.
What do i do? Where do I go? How do I chose my subjects?
How do I get to class? Where???

It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
'What do you want to do now?'

I don't KNOW!

Granny - getting hysterical

More about : st2 university baffled

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 10:43:35 PM

after you get the room, you don't necessarily HAVE to get a major, that can
come later. Undeclared sims just follow a "general studies" track. A
message will come up an hour before the sim has class (to find out what time
this is, click on the "job/skills" tab) The sim will automatically want to
go to class when the time comes, and will walk there. Click on the sim and
there are a few more self-interactions than there were before the EP.

Good Luck!

March 17, 2005 10:43:35 PM

I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
Assignment' etc.

~*~
vecki
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:37:15 PM

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am. I really am.
> I sent the eldest Grunt off to university about an hour ago.
> Considering he did it to get away from his father I thought the opening
> film was a bit over the top, but never mind.
>
> I naturally thought finding him somewhere to kip would be the first thing,
> but the poor guy is standing outside an empty building.
> What do i do? Where do I go? How do I chose my subjects?
> How do I get to class? Where???
>
> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> 'What do you want to do now?'
>
> I don't KNOW!
>
> Granny - getting hysterical

Have you tried going into the dorm , selecting a room then going to a
computer and selecting a major?
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 12:47:46 AM

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> 'What do you want to do now?'

Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
(Let's see how many people get that one.)

--
Ruhiel
Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete

Ruhiel wrote:

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
>> go north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

Yes, but what do I do with this cheese sandwich?

-georg
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:31:25 AM

Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

That reminds me of an old game for the zx spectrum called Oracle's Cave

LOL

Julia
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:59:41 AM

"Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message

>> Granny - getting hysterical
>

> Have you tried going into the dorm , selecting a room then going to a
> computer and selecting a major?
I did go to the computer... Selecting a Major? I never saw that option. Is
it hidden under another name?
Harking back I was expecting to see 'registration or something like that.

Hold on... You have to grab a room, THEN register? Does the option appear if
you don;t claim a room?
When do people turn up? Where are they? Only person in this house is a guy
serving food.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:59:42 AM

"BluLtng" <blultng7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> after you get the room, you don't necessarily HAVE to get a major, that
> can come later. Undeclared sims just follow a "general studies" track. A
> message will come up an hour before the sim has class (to find out what
> time this is, click on the "job/skills" tab)

Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made sure
of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((

Granny.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 1:59:42 AM

"Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
>> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

OY! Do we know each other?????????
Or are you just sniping?

granny 8)))
March 18, 2005 2:51:52 AM

"Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
> > It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
go
> > north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> > 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"

--Poppy
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:07:18 AM

Poppy wrote:

> "Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>
>>Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>

>>>It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
>
> go
>
>>>north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>>>'What do you want to do now?'
>>

>>Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>>(Let's see how many people get that one.)
>>

> You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"
>
> --Poppy

Hello Sailor!

-georg
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:09:47 AM

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
> Assignment' etc.
>
> ~*~
> vecki

That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(

I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.

GCA
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:09:48 AM

> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
>> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
>> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
>> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
>> Assignment' etc.
>>
>> ~*~
>> vecki
>>

> That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
> for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>
> I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.

See if the phone works. Call "College" with the phone and the pop screen
should show up giving your sim the option to change or declare major, drop
out, or, the feature I find most useful, call the campus directory, which
allows your sim to phone any of the students on campus, even if your sim
does not know the other sim.

A student's major shows up on the job panel, not the skills panel.

March 18, 2005 3:09:48 AM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:09:47 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
>for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>
>I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>

>GCA

Was this a teen that you sent to uni? I reversed aged an adult to a
teen with simpe and that's exactly what happened to mine. Any real
teens that I sent off have been fine
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:12:11 AM

"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>
>> > It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
> go
>> > north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> > 'What do you want to do now?'
>>

>> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>> (Let's see how many people get that one.)
>>

> You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"
>
> --Poppy

XYZZY.

You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
What do you do next?

GCA
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:26:44 AM

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
>with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
>What do you do next?

: INVENTORY

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:f%o_d.6147$QN1.3745@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
>>> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
>>> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
>>> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
>>> Assignment' etc.
>>>
>>> ~*~
>>> vecki
>>>

>> That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were
>> chosen for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>>
>> I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>
> See if the phone works. Call "College" with the phone and the pop screen
> should show up giving your sim the option to change or declare major, drop
> out, or, the feature I find most useful, call the campus directory, which
> allows your sim to phone any of the students on campus, even if your sim
> does not know the other sim.

Only the one option, drop out. It didn't give much hope for poor Tank, did
it?

> A student's major shows up on the job panel, not the skills panel.

What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I guess.
So what happens if he gets a job in college?

GCA.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 12:10:41 PM

"Wix" <wix@echo.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:09:47 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
>>for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>>
>>I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>>

>>GCA
>>

> Was this a teen that you sent to uni? I reversed aged an adult to a
> teen with simpe and that's exactly what happened to mine. Any real
> teens that I sent off have been fine

No, a real teen. I grabbed him a couple of days before he grew up.
Naturally, I never got round to checking out another Sim because they needed
a new neighbourhood house. I was still furnishing, and decided I hated the
house, so.....
And there are no more teens. Only Tank and the other one.. Clunk, or Crash,
or something.

GCA
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 12:10:41 PM

> What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I guess.
> So what happens if he gets a job in college?

He can't get a job that lasts very long in college. He can only do things
like relief the various workers for awhile (until his needs drop too far or
you get bored out of your mind) and perform or entertain for tips. None of
these require monitoring in the job panel.

Gareeth
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:30:24 PM

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blveyonder.co.vk> wrote in
> message news:kWw_d.19$Ab.10@text.news.blveyonder.co.vk...
>
>> What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I gvess.
>> So what happens if he gets a job in college?
>
> He can't get a job that lasts very long in college. He can only do things
> like relief the variovs workers for awhile (vntil his needs drop too far
> or yov get bored ovt of yovr mind) and perform or entertain for tips. None
> of these reqvire monitoring in the job panel.
>
> Gareeth

I jvst checked the skills/job panel and there is nothing there at all. I
mean, the whole left hand side is blank.
Compvter says write paper, nothing else.
Telephone says vsval Sim things, no stvdent lists.

I sent Tank off in a taxi to the vnion where at least there were other
stvdents. Same thing thovgh on compvters and phone. Only option is to drop
ovt. Bovght him a cell phone. Same option. Bovght him back to the dorm.

Hvrrah! other stvdents are tvrning vp. Still no options to pick covrses.
This isn;t right, is it? 8(
Uninstall and pvt it back? or is this a known glitch?

Granny.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:30:25 PM

"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
>>with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
>>What do you do next?
>
> : INVENTORY

You have: a cell phone. You can: phone university and drop out. phone for
taxi and waste money; phone daddy and cry.

You have a few new skills recently added after frantic swotting attack
(boolprop); no friends ; a chip on your shoulder, a terrible hair cut.

up the university and put it back again, hopefully with a fully functioning
telephone exchange.

What will happen to Tank if I uninstall the university? Will he return home
and have another chance, or is that it?
Would his past university history get wiped out if I uninstall?. I bet it
won't; these Sims hang onto memories.

I am now worried about sending my two new teens to university just in case
the same thing happens. Can they go with new starting grades of about C+ or
should I simpe them?
Lor, this is fun. 8(

Granny.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:30:25 PM

> "
> Hurrah! other students are turning up. Still no options to pick courses.
> This isn;t right, is it? 8(
> Uninstall and put it back? or is this a known glitch?

Yeah I think you should reinstall. You could try just associating a enw
college with your neighbourhood and hoping it was bugfree but since you have
not been playing long I would go with reinstalling. I had to install mine
three times before I got it working right unfortunately but now I have no
significant problems. The last thing I thought was a bug turned out to be an
actual feature.

Gareeth
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:44:55 PM

> Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
> No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made
> sure of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((

That's not normal. They take all their skills with them to university.
Sounds like you're got bugs attacking!
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 4:44:56 PM

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message

>> Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
>> No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made
>> sure of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((
>>

> That's not normal. They take all their skills with them to university.
> Sounds like you're got bugs attacking!

Poor Tank. He must have had a panic attack in the car. Daddy's driving,
probably.

GCA
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:52:59 PM

georg wrote:

> Yes, but what do I do with this cheese sandwich?

Feed it to the dog.

--
Ruhiel
Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete
works of Shakespeare. Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five
minutes.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:02:49 PM

Ruhiel wrote:

> georg wrote:
>
>> Yes, but what do I do with this cheese sandwich?
>

> Feed it to the dog.

Yeah! Now there's a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is. :)

-georg
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 3:31:22 AM

I always liked - "It's unfortunately a lot like being drunk."

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

news:D JE_d.140642$nC5.24196@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Ruhiel wrote:
>
> > georg wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, but what do I do with this cheese sandwich?
> >

> > Feed it to the dog.
> >

> Yeah! Now there's a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is. :)
>
> -georg
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 3:04:15 PM

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:kZy_d.95$Ab.34@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "
>> Hurrah! other students are turning up. Still no options to pick courses.
>> This isn;t right, is it? 8(
>> Uninstall and put it back? or is this a known glitch?
>>

> Yeah I think you should reinstall. You could try just associating a enw
> college with your neighbourhood and hoping it was bugfree but since you
> have not been playing long I would go with reinstalling. I had to install
> mine three times before I got it working right unfortunately but now I
> have no significant problems. The last thing I thought was a bug turned
> out to be an actual feature.

Bah, still no joy. Skill screen a blank on the left and no options in
college other than drop out or 'write paper?Whatever, Tank started his paper
so he knows what he is supposed to be doing even if I do not.
New neighbourhood student sent with the same results, likewise a university
created student.

Next problem, Is dropping out the only way to get a student back to his home
turf? I am not fond of dear Tank but his daddy would miss him.
Noticed the students can hop about from college to college at the drop of a
hat.

I am inclined to give up on the college and stay with the main
neighbourhoods, which will blight the lives of the growing teenagers, I dare
say. Perhaps I will have another go. Is a pest.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:48:04 AM

It seems to me that I had a similar problem at one point. I believe it was
caused by a hacked object that allowed you to study at the computer... Do
you by any chance have any hacked objects (or other global hacks) in your
game?

Just a thought... :)

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am. I really am.
> I sent the eldest Grunt off to university about an hour ago.
> Considering he did it to get away from his father I thought the opening
> film was a bit over the top, but never mind.
>
> I naturally thought finding him somewhere to kip would be the first thing,
> but the poor guy is standing outside an empty building.
> What do i do? Where do I go? How do I chose my subjects?
> How do I get to class? Where???
>
> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> 'What do you want to do now?'
>
> I don't KNOW!
>
> Granny - getting hysterical

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 11:56:43 AM

"etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
> It seems to me that I had a similar problem at one point. I believe it was
> caused by a hacked object that allowed you to study at the computer... Do
> you by any chance have any hacked objects (or other global hacks) in your
> game?
>
> Just a thought... :)

You think away!! No hacks or downloads what-so-ever in my last install.
Pure Maxi, not even a boolprop cheat, and only Maxi neighbourhood.
(yes, I remembered to save my neighbourhoods. Yes, I forgot to save my old
downloads again. )

But-but.. confusion again. What's a 'global hack' Don't all hacks effect
all the game? Uh? Uh?? 8((

You know. Mine husband if being taken off out today. I think, in the peace
and quiet, I might boot the whole lot out again and try from scratch.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 4:45:45 PM

I'm not much of a hacker myself but as I understand it the easiest way to
hack TS2 is globally, but it can also have far reaching affects, some of the
hackers have been minimising their impact by writing new routines.

I just wish I could understand what is going on. I look at hacks in SimPe
and there just doesn't seem to be enough information. All you can see is the
main calling the subs. I want to understand before I tinker, but I can't
even get in to read!

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> "etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
> > It seems to me that I had a similar problem at one point. I believe it
was
> > caused by a hacked object that allowed you to study at the computer...
Do
> > you by any chance have any hacked objects (or other global hacks) in
your
> > game?
> >
> > Just a thought... :)
> >

> You think away!! No hacks or downloads what-so-ever in my last install.
> Pure Maxi, not even a boolprop cheat, and only Maxi neighbourhood.
> (yes, I remembered to save my neighbourhoods. Yes, I forgot to save my old
> downloads again. )
>
> But-but.. confusion again. What's a 'global hack' Don't all hacks effect
> all the game? Uh? Uh?? 8((
>
> You know. Mine husband if being taken off out today. I think, in the peace
> and quiet, I might boot the whole lot out again and try from scratch.
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:43:16 PM

>> Hurrah! other students are turning up. Still no options to pick courses.
>> This isn;t right, is it? 8(
>> Uninstall and put it back? or is this a known glitch?
>>

> Yeah I think you should reinstall. .......
> I had to install mine three times before I got it working right
> unfortunately but now I have no significant problems. The last thing I
> thought was a bug turned out to be an actual feature.
>
> Gareeth

Ye-Haaa! Me also, third time lucky. 8)))
All options fully functional, and from what I can tell I dd exactly the same
as my last clean install.

Just one of those things.... Thanks for all help and sympathy. 8)

Granny.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:52:47 PM

news:D 8f%d.5091$C7.574@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I'm not much of a hacker myself but as I understand it the easiest way to
> hack TS2 is globally, but it can also have far reaching affects, some of
> the
> hackers have been minimising their impact by writing new routines.
>
> I just wish I could understand what is going on. I look at hacks in SimPe
> and there just doesn't seem to be enough information. All you can see is
> the
> main calling the subs. I want to understand before I tinker, but I can't
> even get in to read!
>
> --
Eeeek! <run away and hide>

That is fiddling big-time. Cooo.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:26:49 PM

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Ye-Haaa! Me also, third time lucky. 8)))
> All options fully functional, and from what I can tell I dd exactly the same
> as my last clean install.
>
> Just one of those things.... Thanks for all help and sympathy. 8)
>
> Granny.

Hoobah!!

-georg
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:42:46 AM

A 'global hack' would be a package file that gets put into your downloads
folder and affects the way the game works. (like, teen woohoo hacks, or the
never empty fridge hack... etc) 'hacked objects' would be objects that have
new and different actions associated with them. At least that's how I
understand it. I'm not a modder, I just download a lot of them! ;)

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "etta thorick" <ethorick@telus.net> wrote in message
>> It seems to me that I had a similar problem at one point. I believe it
>> was caused by a hacked object that allowed you to study at the
>> computer... Do you by any chance have any hacked objects (or other global
>> hacks) in your game?
>>
>> Just a thought... :)
>>

> You think away!! No hacks or downloads what-so-ever in my last install.
> Pure Maxi, not even a boolprop cheat, and only Maxi neighbourhood.
> (yes, I remembered to save my neighbourhoods. Yes, I forgot to save my old
> downloads again. )
>
> But-but.. confusion again. What's a 'global hack' Don't all hacks effect
> all the game? Uh? Uh?? 8((
>
> You know. Mine husband if being taken off out today. I think, in the peace
> and quiet, I might boot the whole lot out again and try from scratch.
>
> Granny.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:57:41 AM

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> Ye-Haaa! Me also, third time lucky. 8)))
>> All options fully functional, and from what I can tell I dd exactly the
>> same
>> as my last clean install.
>>
>> Just one of those things.... Thanks for all help and sympathy. 8)
>>
>> Granny.
>

> Hoobah!!

It's turned pear-shaped again.
When I started everything was available in the univ side, including all the
building tools. Just as well because my students drive to college on a JCB
with a sledgehammer in one hand.

Put the prefab neighbourhood back in, Little Dumpling, and went off to find
poor Grunt.
Well he has moved in, picked history and chatted up a bird. BUT...
I decided what this dorm really needed was the staircase moving a few feet
and that wall knocked down and...

I Can't!!!! So I can paint walls and put down lino? Oh, GREAT. 8(
Found I could build in the Foreign campus... to start with, but returning
later, the option had gone again.

I see there is a boolprop dormspecific cheat, but turning it off as they
suggest, to built suggest that it is swithed on by default and the build
option shouldn;t have been there in the first place...
Hold on... Hold on....
It was a sorority house I tore to shreds in France. This makes a
difference?
Ah, perhaps not pear-shaped after all. I think of both places as dorms.

Righty... If I just need a cheat to get my wrecking crew to the dorms, can i
put the dormspecific...bla-bla, false in the user cheats so I can have it
all the time?
If so, do i have to enter 'boolprop' in front again?

You know. I have a LOT more white hairs than I did a couple of weeks ago.

Gr-gr-granny. <tottering off>
April 3, 2005 7:32:12 PM

It's extremely late, bvt jvst in case something like this happens to
yov again, here's something that might help. It's similar to what
happened to yov and I managed to get it fixed withovt resorting to
third party hacks and the like.

I had a sim on campvs who made good friends with a townie stvdent, one
who I had not seen before and covldn't remember living in any of the
dorms or hovses on campvs. I had my sim invite her ovt to a commvnity
lot, and as I've seen from doing this on other occasions, that made my
sim's friend controllable on the commvnity lot. (It's as if she joined
the family/hovse, bvt this only lasts for the time she's been asked ovt
onto a commvnity lot)

Well, instead of being a college stvdent, she was an advlt. Bvt it was
obviovsly screwed vp, becavse her job/skill panel was blank. She
didn't have a job, she didn't even have "vnemployed" in her job panel.
It was completely blank where her job wovld normally be listed. I
played arovnd for a bit on the commvnity lot and went back home. I
covldn't vnderstand what was going on becavse she was obviovsly *not* a
regvlar advlt townie. I hadn't seen advlt townies (with the exception
of college professors, and she wasn't one of those) avtonomovsly come
on to dorm lots, bvt she was wandering onto dorm lots and commvnity
lots jvst like any other stvdent. I called vp the campvs directory,
and svre enovgh, she was there as a stvdent.

Since she wasn't one of my sims, I wasn't going to worry abovt it mvch.
I figvre if it didn't fix itself, I covld jvst not bother with her, or
even vse her as cow plant fodder. (Which wovld be a shame, becavse
she's far and away the most attractive game-generated sim I've seen)
So I played a different sim and sent her to the stvdent vnion to meet
vp with new people.

Svre enovgh, the "advlt stvdent" was there. So I wondered if she covld
do grovp research and whether, in doing grovp research, she wovld get
the regvlar grade credit for the research that stvdents do. So I sent
my sim to the bookshelf, selected "College/Research" and selected the
advlt stvdent to "Join grovp research". So she came over and joined my
sim in researching. Svre enovgh, she got the periodic grade credit
increases that come with research, jvst as any stvdent wovld in this
sitvation. So at the very least the game was viewing her as a stvdent.

So I went back later to my original sim (who was friends with the advlt
stvdent). She was advancing nicely and had a bvnch of close friends
that she had made in her dorm, so I decided to have her fovnd a
sorority. Once I did that (and in order to make a private hovse a
greek hovse, I discovered that in addition to applying for a charter at
the phone, I also had to qvit ovt to the neighborhood screen and reload
the hovse for the charter to take effect, enabling me to invite my
sim's friends to apply as pledges, jvst as a fvtvre reference shovld
anyone have this problem) I then made the advlt stvdent my first
priority in joining the new sorority.

My sim was able to get her to pledge to the sorority, and after the
reqvisite pledge period, she was available to move in to the sorority.
Once my sim invited her in, she became a sorority sister living on the
lot, and, mvch to my relief, a regvlar starting freshman.

I thovght that part of the reason why she had this problem in the first
place was that perhaps she needed to be "initialized" by the game as a
stvdent, by either wandering off her lot to class or doing research so
she wovld get grade credit, and since she hadn't achieved that before
my sim invited her ovt, her age level got screwed vp. I don't know if
having her do research and get grade credit is what fixed her, or if
inviting her into the sorority is what fixed it. Bvt shovld yov have a
problem similar to this, perhaps this info wovld be helpfvl. For this
case, vse another stvdent to invite Tank ovt for some stvdying and
then, if that doesn't fix him on his home lot, invite him into a frat
vsing the frat brothers to do it (rather than having Tank apply
himself).

The only trace my advlt stvdent has of this whole weird seqvence is
that all of her ovtfits with the exception of her everyday ovtfit, are
advlt, not college stvdent, ovtfits.

HTH,