ST2 University. Baffled.

I am. I really am.
I sent the eldest Grunt off to university about an hour ago.
Considering he did it to get away from his father I thought the opening film
was a bit over the top, but never mind.

I naturally thought finding him somewhere to kip would be the first thing,
but the poor guy is standing outside an empty building.
What do i do? Where do I go? How do I chose my subjects?
How do I get to class? Where???

It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
'What do you want to do now?'

I don't KNOW!

Granny - getting hysterical

after you get the room, you don't necessarily HAVE to get a major, that can
come later. Undeclared sims just follow a "general studies" track. A
message will come up an hour before the sim has class (to find out what time
this is, click on the "job/skills" tab) The sim will automatically want to
go to class when the time comes, and will walk there. Click on the sim and
there are a few more self-interactions than there were before the EP.

Good Luck!

I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
Assignment' etc.

~*~
vecki

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am. I really am.
> I sent the eldest Grunt off to university about an hour ago.
> Considering he did it to get away from his father I thought the opening
> film was a bit over the top, but never mind.
>
> I naturally thought finding him somewhere to kip would be the first thing,
> but the poor guy is standing outside an empty building.
> What do i do? Where do I go? How do I chose my subjects?
> How do I get to class? Where???
>
> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> 'What do you want to do now?'
>
> I don't KNOW!
>
> Granny - getting hysterical

Have you tried going into the dorm , selecting a room then going to a
computer and selecting a major?

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> 'What do you want to do now?'

Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
(Let's see how many people get that one.)

--
Ruhiel
Given infinite time, 100 monkeys could type out the complete

Ruhiel wrote:

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
>> go north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

Yes, but what do I do with this cheese sandwich?

-georg

Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

That reminds me of an old game for the zx spectrum called Oracle's Cave

LOL

Julia

"Persival" <noemail@nomail.com> wrote in message

>> Granny - getting hysterical
>

> Have you tried going into the dorm , selecting a room then going to a
> computer and selecting a major?
I did go to the computer... Selecting a Major? I never saw that option. Is
it hidden under another name?
Harking back I was expecting to see 'registration or something like that.

Hold on... You have to grab a room, THEN register? Does the option appear if
you don;t claim a room?
When do people turn up? Where are they? Only person in this house is a guy
serving food.

Granny.

"BluLtng" <blultng7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> after you get the room, you don't necessarily HAVE to get a major, that
> can come later. Undeclared sims just follow a "general studies" track. A
> message will come up an hour before the sim has class (to find out what
> time this is, click on the "job/skills" tab)

Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made sure
of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((

Granny.

"Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can go
>> north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

OY! Do we know each other?????????
Or are you just sniping?

granny 8)))

POPPY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004

"Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
> > It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
go
> > north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
> > 'What do you want to do now?'
>

> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
> (Let's see how many people get that one.)

You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"

--Poppy

Poppy wrote:

> "Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>
>>Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>

>>>It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
>
> go
>
>>>north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>>>'What do you want to do now?'
>>

>>Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>>(Let's see how many people get that one.)
>>

> You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"
>
> --Poppy

Hello Sailor!

-georg

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
> Assignment' etc.
>
> ~*~
> vecki

That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(

I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.

GCA

> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
>> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
>> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
>> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
>> Assignment' etc.
>>
>> ~*~
>> vecki
>>

> That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
> for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>
> I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.

See if the phone works. Call "College" with the phone and the pop screen
should show up giving your sim the option to change or declare major, drop
out, or, the feature I find most useful, call the campus directory, which
allows your sim to phone any of the students on campus, even if your sim
does not know the other sim.

A student's major shows up on the job panel, not the skills panel.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:09:47 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
>for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>
>I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>

>GCA

Was this a teen that you sent to uni? I reversed aged an adult to a
teen with simpe and that's exactly what happened to mine. Any real
teens that I sent off have been fine

"Poppy" <aldermere@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Ruhiel" <ruhiel@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>>
>> > It has turned into an adventure game. 'You are lost on campus. You can
> go
>> > north, northeast, west and south. You see a closed door.'
>> > 'What do you want to do now?'
>>

>> Hope he doesn't get eaten by a GRUE.
>> (Let's see how many people get that one.)
>>

> You hear a hollow voice say "Plugh!"
>
> --Poppy

XYZZY.

You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
What do you do next?

GCA

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
>with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
>What do you do next?

: INVENTORY

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:f%o_d.6147$QN1.3745@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I don't think it matters if you choose the room first or choose the
>>> major, college related tasks on the computer (or by clicking on the sim
>>> themselves) all come up with a College... option, after which you then
>>> get other options like 'Write tem paper', 'Choose Major', 'Do
>>> Assignment' etc.
>>>
>>> ~*~
>>> vecki
>>>

>> That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were
>> chosen for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>>
>> I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>
> See if the phone works. Call "College" with the phone and the pop screen
> should show up giving your sim the option to change or declare major, drop
> out, or, the feature I find most useful, call the campus directory, which
> allows your sim to phone any of the students on campus, even if your sim
> does not know the other sim.

Only the one option, drop out. It didn't give much hope for poor Tank, did
it?

> A student's major shows up on the job panel, not the skills panel.

What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I guess.
So what happens if he gets a job in college?

GCA.

"Wix" <wix@echo.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:09:47 GMT, "Granny Crabapple"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>That was the only option I got. Write paper. 0% So his majors were chosen
>>for me? Where are they? Not in the skills box. 8(
>>
>>I think I will create a sim in another uni and see what happens.
>>

>>GCA
>>

> Was this a teen that you sent to uni? I reversed aged an adult to a
> teen with simpe and that's exactly what happened to mine. Any real
> teens that I sent off have been fine

No, a real teen. I grabbed him a couple of days before he grew up.
Naturally, I never got round to checking out another Sim because they needed
a new neighbourhood house. I was still furnishing, and decided I hated the
house, so.....
And there are no more teens. Only Tank and the other one.. Clunk, or Crash,
or something.

GCA

> What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I guess.
> So what happens if he gets a job in college?

He can't get a job that lasts very long in college. He can only do things
like relief the various workers for awhile (until his needs drop too far or
you get bored out of your mind) and perform or entertain for tips. None of
these require monitoring in the job panel.

Gareeth

> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blveyonder.co.vk> wrote in
> message news:kWw_d.19$Ab.10@text.news.blveyonder.co.vk...
>
>> What? Ahhh!!!!! I will check that. The 'job' panel? I gvess.
>> So what happens if he gets a job in college?
>
> He can't get a job that lasts very long in college. He can only do things
> like relief the variovs workers for awhile (vntil his needs drop too far
> or yov get bored ovt of yovr mind) and perform or entertain for tips. None
> of these reqvire monitoring in the job panel.
>
> Gareeth

I jvst checked the skills/job panel and there is nothing there at all. I
mean, the whole left hand side is blank.
Compvter says write paper, nothing else.
Telephone says vsval Sim things, no stvdent lists.

I sent Tank off in a taxi to the vnion where at least there were other
stvdents. Same thing thovgh on compvters and phone. Only option is to drop
ovt. Bovght him a cell phone. Same option. Bovght him back to the dorm.

Hvrrah! other stvdents are tvrning vp. Still no options to pick covrses.
This isn;t right, is it? 8(
Uninstall and pvt it back? or is this a known glitch?

Granny.

"Philipp Lucas" <phlucas@online-club.de> wrote in message
> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You are back in the well house. You see a computer wired up to a bicycle
>>with a dynamo on the back wheel. You see a CD of Sims 2.
>>What do you do next?
>
> : INVENTORY

You have: a cell phone. You can: phone university and drop out. phone for
taxi and waste money; phone daddy and cry.

You have a few new skills recently added after frantic swotting attack
(boolprop); no friends ; a chip on your shoulder, a terrible hair cut.

up the university and put it back again, hopefully with a fully functioning
telephone exchange.

What will happen to Tank if I uninstall the university? Will he return home
and have another chance, or is that it?
Would his past university history get wiped out if I uninstall?. I bet it
won't; these Sims hang onto memories.

I am now worried about sending my two new teens to university just in case
the same thing happens. Can they go with new starting grades of about C+ or
should I simpe them?
Lor, this is fun. 8(

Granny.

> "
> Hurrah! other students are turning up. Still no options to pick courses.
> This isn;t right, is it? 8(
> Uninstall and put it back? or is this a known glitch?

Yeah I think you should reinstall. You could try just associating a enw
college with your neighbourhood and hoping it was bugfree but since you have
not been playing long I would go with reinstalling. I had to install mine
three times before I got it working right unfortunately but now I have no
significant problems. The last thing I thought was a bug turned out to be an
actual feature.

Gareeth

> Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
> No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made
> sure of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((

That's not normal. They take all their skills with them to university.
Sounds like you're got bugs attacking!

"Iris McAlias" <none@none.none> wrote in message

>> Nothing there. Quite blank. 8( That is what worried me.
>> No skills either but he was quite clued up when he was at home. I made
>> sure of that. Do we have to start again!! Gawd. 8(((
>>

> That's not normal. They take all their skills with them to university.
> Sounds like you're got bugs attacking!

Poor Tank. He must have had a panic attack in the car. Daddy's driving,
probably.

GCA