No hyperlinks in outlook 2003

TracyQ

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I bought a win7 machine, installed my full Home suite of Office 2003. When I type a link, it doesn't make it active. I've applied SP3, scoured the net, and nothing works to fix it. Any ideas, folks? THANK YOU!

TracyQ

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for the reply! I had tried that before and it didn't make a differenc. When I receive an email, the sender's links work, I just can't seem to get my URLs clickable. One article talked about enabling the autoformat option inside a new email but the option is grayed out.

Word is set to the default editor, format set to HTML, installed SP3 for Office 2003...

Actually, I just checked in Word and links aren't live in it, either! Affording an upgrade isn't an option at the moment. :cry:

TracyQ

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
Yes - it's not underlining or changing the color of the text, just treating it as plain text. Looks like only way to make them active in the emails I send are to highlight the text and do Insert/Hyperlink which blows because in XP, the apps did that automatically. LAME! But thanks for trying to help!