need suggestion for another board

jisheria

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
my 1st machine:
intel Q9550 (love it!)
ga ep45 ud3p (any suggestions?) (opinion?) (budget wise but hard kickin performance and durability) (OC?)
gtx260 (love it!)
4 gig ddr2 (for now)
500gig hd (for now)
19"? or 22"lcd? (i dont know yet)
xclio case (love it!)

but this xclio comes with a generic psu so i guess i have to get a corsair 600w psu and replace the generic one (i believe a 600w psu can support my gtx 260 and the rest? if im not wrong^^)

i need a machine for doing some encoding, extreme gaming(a lil bit) and, well... kinda an all around power machine.
i guess il oc it just a lil bit..
right now what im not really sure of is the motherboard.. i love the ultra durable boards of gigabyte not mentioning its dual bios feature but i wont be doing sli/crossfire.. so i guess the bottom line is my mother board which i dont know which one to choose among gigabyte and asus "mainly".

guys i need your opinion.. i hope u give some time on this..

Solution

I would go for a 32mb Cache Western Digital Hard disk, dont know if they do a 500GB top of me head but a 750Gb does - i have had some in stock.

Go for a descent brand monitor though. I personally prefer Samsung but thats a matter of choice. Dont go for a cheapy if you can afford it.

Make sure you get a 600W corsair - give your self some leg room on the PSU.

Remember if you do want to go SLI later on the intel 775 boards dont do sli its only the x58 that does.

u would need a nvidia 7 series for that.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

I would go for a 32mb Cache Western Digital Hard disk, dont know if they do a 500GB top of me head but a 750Gb does - i have had some in stock.

Go for a descent brand monitor though. I personally prefer Samsung but thats a matter of choice. Dont go for a cheapy if you can afford it.

Make sure you get a 600W corsair - give your self some leg room on the PSU.

Remember if you do want to go SLI later on the intel 775 boards dont do sli its only the x58 that does.

u would need a nvidia 7 series for that.

Solution