Case and watecooling: Kandalf LCS or Antec 1200?

Aerobernardo

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2006
Hello Guys!

I am looking for a good case to support a massive watercooler for my rig (first time on watercoolers). I wanted the Kandalf LCS because it's already bundled with a good watercooling system and the store I wanna buy it will assemble the system with the watercooler and give me warranty for the entire system. The pump is a 500 LPH, radiator with 2 x 12cm fans and a modest reservoir.

This week I checked out another store and found the Antec 1200 almost for free. The price difference is exacly the cash needed to buy exactly the same watercooling system from the Kandalf. The trade of is that I'll have to do it myself.

Since I'm new to watercooling, I wonder wich case will be better. Both are full towers, but I believe the 1200 have a better insulation system. If I dish out some more, I can have a 3 x 12cm fans radiator in front of Antec 1200, and that's a whole monster for me! I believe it would be an overkill for a single CPU, but in the future I would have some room for a watercooled VGA.

Another thing is that if I put the same 2 x 12cm radiator on both cases, on Antec it will receive fresh air on the front pannel and the CPU will be cooler but the air will come to VGA's and mobo a lil hot. On Kandalf I have the option of using a top mount system, wich will not affect the airflow entering the case but this time the radiator will receive the air with a temperature a little hotter.

So, wich one is better? Wich mounting is better (front or up)? The third option would be the Cosmos, wich have a good acoustic damping but I think it's too overpriced to let me have cash for a watercooler. Watercooling for me isn't only about OCíng: not only is it stylish, bt it's also quiet. My option for now is the Antec 1200 with the 3 x 2cm radiator