Fatal1ty HS-1000 USB Headset Driver Installation Problem

Tags:
  • Headsets
  • USB
  • Creative
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 28, 2009 3:38:56 AM

I am running a fresh installation of Windows XP Pro SP3, with all updates up til now. I just bought a Creative Fatal1ty HS-1000 USB Headset. I am following the instructions for the headset, by installing the Creative software first. I reboot and plug the headset into a USB port. Windows detects new hardware (but does not recognize it as a Creative Headset). I try to let Windows Install the software, in the New Hardware Found wizard. However, it will not find the drivers and install them, even though I am pointing the wizard right to the directory containing the folders that were installed off the cd. No matter what I do, I cannot get the drivers installed for this headset. I have another headset, a Logitech, that is just simply recognized by Windows and works with no driver installation.

I have tried updating my chipset drivers, audio drivers, etc. I have also downloaded the latest driver from the Creative website. But nothing has cured the problem. I even tried it on my wife's laptop and my kids' pc, but came up with the same result.

Has anyone else had any problem installing the Creative Fatal1ty HS-1000 Gaming Headset???? Thanks for any help you can provide!!

More about : fatal1ty 1000 usb headset driver installation problem

Anonymous
August 27, 2009 8:45:59 PM

i just bought the headset also.
i had no problem istalling the head set and the peograms to go along with it. u might wan try removing the programs and reinstalling with the headset in the usb port as u are downloading what i did and worked fine
August 27, 2009 8:53:24 PM

Quote:
i just bought the headset also.
i had no problem istalling the head set and the peograms to go along with it. u might wan try removing the programs and reinstalling with the headset in the usb port as u are downloading what i did and worked fine

Thanks but I am all set now. It was a faulty headset. Got another one and it worked fine. Just an FYI, the Creative support is horrible. One of their solutions for me was to make sure my USB Headset was plugged into the audio jack on the sound card. LOL. I re-emphasized it was a U-S-B headset!! Anyway, thanks for the reply. My first suggestion to anyone having a similar problem is to exchange the headset right away. Don't spend hours upon hours trying to get it to work.
!