lornj

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
so i decided to build my first computer and now im stopped. i realized i have no idea what im doing. i have an antec 900 case and my motherboard is the biostar tpower i45 and i wanted to know where do all the case fans plug into. they arent the usual tiny plugs like the fans on my other computer but a larger 4 pin one. i thought this was going to be easy but i have epically failed!!!!

hehe :) They just plug directly into the PSU cable. The newer Antec 900 comes with a fan controller I think, but you likely have the older version.

You can buy a fan controller if you like, so that you can adjust the power to the fans, but they should no t be too noisy just connected to the PSU.

lornj

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
they just plug into the cables coming from the PSU? ive got cables going everywhere and i dont know where they go so im freaking out!

I have a 900. I have all my fans plugged together, then plugged into one of the IDE molex connectors.

Fans are set on LOW. That's all you should need for cooling. I have a ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme (frequently abbreviated to "TRUE"). With a Q6600 OC'd to 3.6 GHz., running Prime 95, core temperatures run 61 C. to 65 C. In my case, setting the fans higher made no difference in temperatures.

Case note: the case does not come with a system speaker. You should install one. They are invaluable for troubleshooting.