A bizarrre problem AGP 3850

checkout

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Now i play game called ko (i dont wanna feel like an advertiser that's why i am not saying the full name) the problem does not occur in other games.

ever since i switched from a Nvidia 6600GT 128MB to a radeon 3850 512MB
my fps has been low when ever i party or open inventory in the game.

i've tried tons of stuff!
including:
- totaly reinstalling windows xp
- tried 8 different drivers for my graphic card (1 from cd 2 from ati 6 from sapphire)
- tried every possible option in the game for settings and on ati CCC
- i totaly cleaned my pc from viruses and malware (Avast - spyware doctor)
- tried different versions of the game (since their are private servers..)
-

now it has got something to do with the letters/numbers in game (think of numbers on how much health potions you got etc)

here some screen shots to give a bit more clarity,
the first picture is with inventory closed and decent fps. the second is with inventory open and as you can see its a massive different which shouldn't be their at all.
1 = http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2305/fpsnoinventory.jpg
2 = http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/792/fpswithinventory.jpg

can anyone please help me with this issue? i've been trying for a long time now but this problem doesn't go away :/

r_manic

Administrator
Hi checkout, I'm not really sure what's going here. You've pretty much covered all my potential suggestions, so I'm thinking that something could be wrong with your card? You could also try checking if your DirectX is updated.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Checkout, have you tried looking through Knigh... I mean, KO's forums or support site for any issues regarding ATI cards? I tend to find the most help within a particular game title is usually on that game's website through their forums or tech support.

Other than that and the already suggested latest version of DirectX 9.0c install, I've got nothing. Does it do it while full-screen, too?

checkout

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
thx for the replies guys.

i've tried using DX9 but it wouldnt solve my problem. and window mode or full screen has the same effect for me.

but if my card is broken isnt it odd that i only have problems with ko and not with other games?

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
All depends on how well the code for KO is written... Again, I think you're better off looking for answers to a problem in a game within that game's community, it's forums, and it's support site.

G

I have the EXACT same problem with my Sapphire card. In fact, even worse. I can't even play Age Of Empires III; the card resets before it finishes loading.