Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a

Intel Quad Q9550
Asus ATI 4890 HD
Asus P5QL Pro
2x2GB Kingston HyperX
Akasa ak-967 heatsink
Antec 902 gaming pc

Will probably have around 2 ide hdd 4 sata hdd and just a DL dvd writer from the left over PC.

Would a Be Quiet dark power pro 450w be enough? I've used the online power calculator and even if I do overclock it to 3.4ghz the website says it will only require about ~350w. I would buy a 550w but it is currently out of stock on OCuk and I don't want to wait or pay additional shipping cost as I'm already over my budget.

Anyone also got suggestions on the case? It is a bit overkill for the system and I'm looking to buy something cheaper but I can't find anything that is quiet (with a 250mm case fan) and has got air filter. Im really lazy and I think I only hoover the inside of my case once a year.

Any advices would be much appreciated and if there are any components that can be replaced by a cheaper alternative please let me know. My main target is a quiet PC for my gaming / virtualisation and under 700 quid. Cheers!

theAnimal

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
450W should be fine.

I would recommend Corsair over Be Quiet, better quality. The VX450 is enough power, but would require use of a Molex to PCIe adapter. The VX550 has 2 PCIe connectors.

TRENDING THREADS