Looking into an aftermarket cooler for my GTX 260

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a good cooler for my card, only at this point, I'm wanting it to be a 2-slot cooler and not 3. So, any suggestions?

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion Jack, but from some pics I've seen by googling, it looks like this will take up more than 2 PCI slots even using it as a passive heatsink. This GTX 260 will eventually be used as a Physx card, and will be put in the PCI-E slot at the bottom of my motherboard. The bad thing about that is the card might not fit at the bottom if it's more than 2 slots high.

If I get a great deal on a better case, though, I will certainly consider this because at that point, how big it is won't matter.

I tried to get after market coolers for one of my GTX260's. The last one was a Thermalright T-Rad2. Complete waste of time and money. Keep what you have and be happy with it. If you get something for the processor side you also need something to pull heat off the back. Way, way hot too and nobody that makes coolers addresses that.

The card in the review above is a 9800. The GTX260 is way hotter.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
I've seen that as well after searching some more, and it seems like it barely takes up more than 2 slots; if I can't find one that takes up exactly 2 slots or less, I think this will be the one I turn to if the price is right.