"Media Disconnected"

My friends called me and asked me to come over and fix the network problem.

His brother changed the password and forgot what was the password off the linksys router. I ran the CD, at the end of the connection to router, it asked me for a password. I Putted "ADMIN" as password so that that I can change it but password denied.

I opened up the command prompt and obtain the IP. Here's what I typed in.
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

It showed up saying that media is disconnected.

Quote:
Media IP configuration

No operation can be perform on local area connection while it has its media disconnected
An error occurred while renewing interface wireless network connection: The DCHP client has obtained an IP address that is already in use on network. The local interface will be disable unit the DCHP client obtain a new address.

I have no way to get IP so I can't access to the router and change the password.

I unplug the modem and router then tried reset to factory default. Nothing. The problem is the password which I cannot obtain. I'm thinking that my friend have to call the linksys and try get the password from them, which I doubt they don't have the password.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about media disconnected
  1. WOW, what a site where nobody can help me.

At least I already solved the problem yesterday.

Thanks for nothing stupid tom forum. Hell, I get more replies from a stoner's forum then this. Shame, shame on you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Connection ipconfig Networking