Sign in with
Your question

"Media Disconnected"

Last response: in Networking
July 22, 2009 2:26:32 AM

My friends called me and asked me to come over and fix the network problem.

His brother changed the password and forgot what was the password off the linksys router. I ran the CD, at the end of the connection to router, it asked me for a password. I Putted "ADMIN" as password so that that I can change it but password denied.

I opened up the command prompt and obtain the IP. Here's what I typed in.
ipconfig /all
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

It showed up saying that media is disconnected.

Quote:
Media IP configuration

No operation can be perform on local area connection while it has its media disconnected
An error occurred while renewing interface wireless network connection: The DCHP client has obtained an IP address that is already in use on network. The local interface will be disable unit the DCHP client obtain a new address.

I have no way to get IP so I can't access to the router and change the password.

I unplug the modem and router then tried reset to factory default. Nothing. The problem is the password which I cannot obtain. I'm thinking that my friend have to call the linksys and try get the password from them, which I doubt they don't have the password.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

More about : media disconnected

July 23, 2009 2:30:14 AM

WOW, what a site where nobody can help me.

At least I already solved the problem yesterday.

Thanks for nothing stupid tom forum. Hell, I get more replies from a stoner's forum then this. Shame, shame on you.
!