Help choosing case

Should i get the Antec 902 or the GS 1000
I will be overclocking my I7 system I am going to buy 1gtx 275 planning on buying another in sli later will that be a prob for the antec?

GS1000:http: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235014
Antec 902:http: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058&Tpk=antec%20902
Somthing about problems with the antec and intel core heatsinks dont get and yes where i will buy them from the price is the same on both so the price dosent matter
17 answers Last reply
More about help choosing case
  1. Check fry's.com. They had some antecs with free shipping. The stores have the 300 with 350w ps for $49.99 in this week's ad.
  2. Price is not the problem as i mentioned the help i need is for which to buy (caracteristics)
  3. +1 for the Antec Nine Hundred
  4. I skimmed the available reviews of the GS-1000, and came up with a mixed bag. Those who "tested" said it ran pretty cool. No one mentioned how quiet it was, which may or may not be important to you. It's a large case, seems to have some great features (if you need/want 3 hot-swaps), but most reviews said it wasn't that easy to install in (a one-time task for most).

OTOH, I've always felt the Antec 900 was over-rated as an all-around case, calling a 40-pound mass of noisy mesh. The 902 appears lighter, but . . . anyhow that's just me.

Of the two for cool AND quiet, I'd guess the GS1000

But I'd probably prefer the Storm Scout.
  5. PsychoSaysDie, got it way before me, lol. +1 for the CM Storm Scout.
  6. Twoboxer said:
    OTOH, I've always felt the Antec 900 was over-rated as an all-around case, calling a 40-pound mass of noisy mesh.

Agreed, a friend of mine has one and I'm not impressed. The zalman looks interesting, but I've never been disappointed with any CoolerMaster cases.
  7. Wayoffbase said:
    Agreed, a friend of mine has one and I'm not impressed. The zalman looks interesting, but I've never been disappointed with any CoolerMaster cases.

That was the first case I ever bought for a build, and I bought it based on the *rave* reviews.

What a disappointment! Looks awful (at least in blue), all mesh, useless glass side since there is really no wire management provided, noisy, and 73.5 times heavier than a Lian-Li case lol.

It sits in my basement, unused, as a reminder to remember the mindset of reviewers.

I just assembled a lite-weight PC in a Lian-Li PC-A05N minitower for my brother. Two fans plus the cooler . . . you cannot hear it running 2xPrime95 on a C2D. 52C core temps max, stock cooler fan steps up, temps drop to 47C, rinse and repeat.
  8. I would go with the NZXT tempest or the Coolmaster 690, both are very nice case's.
  9. Im not going to buy on newegg im buying in my country so the thing is antec 902 or the zalman thanks in advance
  10. The 902 is a great improvement on the 900 so if you can put up with the blue lights and a case that's far from the quietest, I'd go with that.
  11. +1 for antec 902
  12. +1 for Antec 902, change the fans to scythe slipstreams. it'll be quiet and no more blue lights except the very top.
  13. eylee86 said:
    +1 for Antec 902, change the fans to scythe slipstreams. it'll be quiet and no more blue lights except the very top.

I want the blue lights hehe
  14. the fans are the best part!
  15. nowenstein said:
    I want the blue lights hehe

Its everything you could hope for i guess! go for it, and cable managewell so that you have the adequate airflow since the GPU units will almost reach the HDD cage. last thing you want with the huge GPU's in your case is disturbed airflow from cables everywhere
  16. Okey thanks for the advise just baught it yesterday
  17. And it's awesome!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components Product