O/C CPU DIFFICULTIES

kent plums

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Hi
I have an ASUS M2N MX SE plus motherboard with AMD 64 x2 4200+ CPU.
I cant seem to overclock either in bios (restricted to REDUCING voltage and/or multiplier) or using software (AMD overdrive and Asus AI not compatible). Do I have any other options or shall i just put up with it?

Any advice gratefully received
Cheers!

kent plums

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Hi please explain how
from bios it says "AMD overclocking configuration" and when I select this the only choices I have are multiplier and voltage (both reduction only as I mentioned above)
am i missing something?
thanks
R

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

@ henydiah

OC very simple & easy way from BIOS
GO BIOS ...!

I agree with you.:)

@ kent plums

I took a look at your manuel and you are right about it having only a CPU multi and Vc settings.

You would need to be able to adjust your FSB for your CPU and Vc as needed to maintain stability. You would also need to be able to adjust your HT settings, NB Vc and memory as needed for your particular OC.

The M/BD you have was meant to be used in a basic PC and not for OC'n. I have read where it worked with CPUs rated at more than 95 watts but that is all the mfg reccomends.

Also the newest BIOS seems to have taken away some of the OC features that originally came with that M/BD, thus why some say you can OC.

I guess if you BIOS flashed to the first BIOS that M/BD came with you might be able to do some OC'n, but ASUS eliminated those features for some reason, probably because they did not hold up well OC'd.

So...the short story is maybe it is time to upgrade to newer hardware.

Good luck to you. :sol: