Wut kind of cable do i need for these 2 oem drives?

replicat0r

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I noticed someone sayin that Oem only has a drive and nothin else...

so is there a chance that other part of my computer(mobo, or case ( Cm690) ) will have extra wires for the HD and the DVD burner drive?

if not, then wut cable do i need to hook it up?(gonna go out n buy on friday)

here are the 2 parts that says OEM

Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 4.2MS 32MB 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive Oem
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=25350DR7429&vpn=WD1001FALS&manufacture=Western%20Digital%20WD

Lg GH22NS30 Black DVD+RW 22X8X16 DVD-RW 22X6X16 Dl 16X/12X 2MB Sata Oem
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12600DR0235&vpn=GH22NS30%20BLACK&manufacture=LG

and also.. How important is anti static wrist straps?

its my 1st time buildin... i really dont wanna fry my cpu/mobo when i install it... ( i got got phenum II x940..)

its carpet on the 2nd floor.. so im gonna build it downstairs on the dinner table(wooden)

can i just touch the case ? or touch the door knob/water facet? or anythin metal

battlemarz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Your motherboard will (should) come with a few SATA cables. Take a look at yours specifically and it should list box contents somewhere. I'm assuming the power supply you chose will have SATA power, as most do nowadays, but you could check to make sure.

Anti Static wrist straps can't hurt for the money. You should be fine one a wooden table with no carpet under your feet (no socks imo either) and touching the case before touching any piece of hardware.

But for a few dollars a wrist strap is better safe then sorry.

Yes, better safe than sorry. I use an anti-static wrist strap when I build.
Some mobos come with as many as 4 SATA cables, others may have only 1. If you either can't tell or know you won't have enough, you should be able to pick up extra ones for $3-$4 each. Modern, quality PSUs have SATA power connectors on them. Choose one from Antec, PC Power & Cooling, Corsair, or Seasonic for good results.

replicat0r

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

lol

i just confirmed the cable in the mobo..

there is 4 wires labeled S-ATA

all 4 has a flat head at one end

the two of the wire had a L shaped

and the other 2 wire had flat head..

wut are the difference?

so the dvd burner will take a Sata cable and the hard drive will take one.. lol just enuf.

yay