Sign in with
Your question

Right Channel Sound Not Working: Both OnBoard Realtek97 AND PCI Card?!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 11, 2009 3:08:43 AM

Hello,

I have a DFI nForce4 Ultra motherboard with onboard Realtek'97 sound, which for the last 5 years has worked great. Then I tripped on my sound cord and ripped it *literally* in half, with the sound jack still in the audio out slot in the back of the computer.

This may or may not be unrelated...

I then noticed [this was after a move upon resetting up my machine and reinstalling Windows] that I have no right channel audio output. Two stereo systems and two cords, same result-- so it's definitely the computer.

So I buckled and got a Creative Audigy PCI card to get sound... SAME PROBLEM?!

I disabled the on-board audio in the BIOS, so how the heck does my motherboard jack up the right channel in both PCI and on-board sound? I knew motherboards hand their fingers in everybody's pie, but this is outrageously irritating. ;-)

Should be noted that the left channel sounds great, and everything [diagnostics, troubleshooting, device list] show that there is no problem.

Anybody seen or heard of this? I'm dreading having to scrap my motherboard, ugh.

Thanks!
Nick
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2009 3:15:28 AM

Hmmm. Maybe be in your Windows basic sound settings somewhere? Or you have screwed up the inputs on your amp.
m
l
September 11, 2009 3:42:56 AM

Nope.

Stereos both work fine with other inputs. Cord too.

Windows basic config and Creative's balance controls show same result: no right channel speaker.

I've ruled out all the noob mistakes. :-)

m
l
Related resources
September 23, 2009 5:56:06 AM

I am facing the same problem, all cords are ok, the diagnostics are ok, but the lefft channel has no output. Please help.
m
l
September 12, 2013 7:42:44 AM

I've similar problems too. after formatting and reinstalling windows on my kt600-m, upgrading RAM from 256mb to 512mb, My on-board sound device stop working. Thinking that the device was no longer functional, I installed a pci sound card but unfortunately it doesn't work too. it seems like something was preventing the installation for the drivers both the on-board and PCI souncard.
m
l
!